[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this possible /sci/? >water of the reservoir generates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Stausee.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Stausee.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
Is this possible /sci/?

>water of the reservoir generates electricity
>the water at the bottom evaporates
>it has to ascend a tunnel because there is for example a glas roof on the water.
>it condensates in the cool mountain and flows again in the reservoir.
>>
Sure. You could get a few drops back into the reservoir by the time it empties completely.
>>
>>8333588
Weeell... This is basically how the atmosphere works, so...
>>
>>8333599
I assume he meant an isolated system. A reservoir that doesn't refill from groundwater.
>>
>>8333588
>Is this possible /sci/?
Yes but it's also completely retarded.
>>
>>8333588
if you think about it the natural water cycle is essentially a perpetual motion machine
>>
>>8333627
Within a human's perspective, sure. Not on larger timescales.
>>
>>8333588
The question is not if it works, the question is if it is profitable. Ya know, if the water evaporates fast enough so that it is worth the effort.
>>
File: 43524345345.gif (367KB, 320x223px) Image search: [Google]
43524345345.gif
367KB, 320x223px
>>8333588
So this is the power of /sci/ WHOA
>>
>>8333627
>what is the sun radiating energy into the system
>>
File: CSPTower.jpg (54KB, 654x472px)
CSPTower.jpg
54KB, 654x472px
>>8333588
Is this possible /sci/?
>>
>>8333945
I came here to post this. The same premise is already in use
>>
File: aliens-and-indians.png (432KB, 1304x1818px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-and-indians.png
432KB, 1304x1818px
>he isn't currently powering his house by a tracking parabolic mirror solar-driven stirling engine which pumps water to a holding tank to drive a tesla turbine generating electricity when needed
it's 2016 guys
>>
>>8333588
What if you do it over a volcano/magma pocket to provide the heat for evaporation?
>>
>>8333973
Something of this sort was mentioned in one of my classes. Apparently it holds a great potential for energy generation.. Enhanced geothermal systems are something you might want to explore.
>>
>>8333617
Using the sun makes it by definition not a closed system. Unless you're talking about the entire solar system as a closed system.
>>
File: 1459662335416.gif (2MB, 223x141px) Image search: [Google]
1459662335416.gif
2MB, 223x141px
>>8333588

The part where this system breaks down is the sheer volume and distance the condensing water must travel, if at any point it condenses in the tunnel or cave, it would have to flow back into the glass roof lower reservoir at a more stable state.

I think the more plausible solution is to advance cloud seeding to a more controlled and quantified yield,
>>
Someone else had already made a thread outlining the same idea. Technically speaking, it would work. The problem is it would basically be a disgustingly inefficient solar panel.
>>
File: 1280px-All_proposed_routes.png (292KB, 1280x885px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-All_proposed_routes.png
292KB, 1280x885px
>>8333588
Yes, but the CIA had a better way to do it:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qattara_Depression_Project

Make a canal to a big hole in the desert that's below sea level and put a dam in between. Water flows from ocean through the dam into the hole, then evaporates because it's in the desert. You don't worry about returning the water because it's the ocean
>>8334176
Well with pic related you have a disgustingly inefficient solar panel that's kilometers in sized
>>
>>8334192
There's no way evaporation will happen faster than the water flowing into the desert.
>>
>>8334192
what happens when you run out of water in the med?
>>
>>8334245
Depends on the size of the area into which it can flow.
>>
>>8333627
there's nothing 'perpetual' about it
the sun is going to go out eventually and that will be the end of evaporation
>>
>>8334248
burn forests to raise CO2 level to cause global warming to melt icecaps to raise ocean level
easy
>>
>>8334245
Oh, but it would. We're talking a huge amount of area which is generating a grand total of 6800 megawatts
>>8334248
If you run out of water from the ocean, we've got bigger problems
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.