[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >compsci brainlet >have a grafix course >naturally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>be me
>compsci brainlet
>have a grafix course
>naturally we get some linear algebra
>time to git gud
>endterm has basic questions like
>calculate the determinant of this simple 3x2 matrix
>add these 2 matrices

It felt really weird answering these questions. On one hand, it's ez points, on the other hand it's just almost insulting to have such questions on an academic institution. The upside is that the practicals were high level, so maybe thats why there was little emphasis on theory, but still.

Their excuse with lame exams is that they have a lot of students and too few professors/teachers. So they come up with simple (but often trick) questions and multiple choice.

Am i exagerating, or is this one of the reasons why compsci is mocked so much by mathfags?
>>
>>8333574
>determinant of 3x2 matrix

Sounds like you failed.
>>
>>8333580
oops was looking at the wrong matrix/question
>>
>>8333580
>>
Shuffleboard.
>>
>>8333574
Compsci is mocked by everyone because it's a massive meme and the quality of education varies more wildly than my mental state when the bi-polar kicks in just right.
>>
The sad truth is most of the state schools and a good chunk of the private unis in the usa are total shit tier that cater to the lowest common denominator thanks to banks and unis colluding and pushing the "you can't afford NOT to go to college it's your future". American universities outside of the elite ones are the laughing stock of the world. German and Swiss engineering firms outright refuse to hire American educated engineers for example.

Enjoy your $100k student debt.
>>
File: 1466174343551.jpg (42KB, 669x746px) Image search: [Google]
1466174343551.jpg
42KB, 669x746px
>>8333620
>Le ebin 100k meme
>>
File: file.png (20KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
20KB, 120x120px
>>8333620
>go to some shit teir state school
>germans hire us in droves for international co-ops
hmmmm
>>
>>8333580
topkek
>>
>>8333669
no they don't

German here

The lowest unis that we'll accept are Berkeley and UCSD
>>
>>8333620
Why would I want to go to germoney?

I'm not Muslim
>>
I dont believe simple matrix problems should be called. """""linear algebra"""""

I think it should just be called "matricies."
>>
>>8333580
LMAO
>>
>>8334810
Most algebra classes do teach matricies without ever showing their use in solving systems of equations.
>>
>>8333574
> pseudo-determinant
>>
>>8333574
>how to kill matrices
>SVD
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.