/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what causes the fact that some people are just insanely above

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dumbfounded amphibian.jpg (36KB, 604x379px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfounded amphibian.jpg
36KB, 604x379px
what causes the fact that some people are just insanely above average in intelligence? one of my schoolmates did university-level maths in middle school, how does this happen?
>>
>>8331567
What's your home life like?
>>
>>8331570
?
>>
>Don't have shitty parents with shitty DNA
>be born in a non-shit tier country
>be born in a god tier income family

Statistically speaking at least, this is your best shot at being smarter than you are. Looks like it's nothing you can change, so you're fucking plundered kiddo, might as well dropout now, stupidyhead.
>>
>university-level maths

This is pretty vague and could be very impressive or not impressive at all
>>
>>8331601
he did functional analysis at 17 iirc
>>
>>8331612

Well he's just better than you(and me)
>>
>>8331617
yeah i know that but why
>>
>>8331633

because he was doing functional analysis in middle school
>>
You assume we can know the answer to this.
>>
supposedly Magnus Carlsen could tell population, flags and capitals of all the countries in the world by the age of five. Wonder if anyone has tried studying his brain in depth.
>>
>>8331567

Suppose intelligence is distributed according to a normal distribution. And suppose that anyone >4 standard deviations from the mean can be considered "insanely above average". (this is about as likely as a man being >7'2). A flagship state college might have a student body of around 30 thousand. If we suppose that the intelligence scores of these students are independent, then the probability that at least one will be >4 SD above average is approximately 61% (Exercise!).
>>
honestly think it has more to do with your upbringing than anything else. having intelligent parents to set a good example, parents who support your self-esteem, encourage you to read and use your brain at a young age, who talk you out of the retarded shit the teachers and children at school try to convince you of, will do more for you than being genetically superior ever will.
>>
>>8331687
good upbringing can't make geniuses by itself. If it did we'd be methodically mass-producing them.
>>
>>8331697
It's clearly genetic. If you don't think so, you don't have a single brain cell in your skull yourself.

But never mind your unimportant opinion. Science is about to prove this beyond the shadow of any doubt.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.