[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking HATE mosquitoes, jesus fuck. How do I exterminate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: ayyyy.jpg (23KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
23KB, 576x432px
I fucking HATE mosquitoes, jesus fuck.

How do I exterminate every last one of them?
>>
File: image.png (39KB, 766x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39KB, 766x514px
>>
>>8327791
ZIKA
I
K
A
>>
There was this one little fucking mosquito that got me 7-8 times throughout the night. I woke up with unbearable itchiness on both ankles. I that piece of shit flew by my ear and I heard that cunt buzz, I was instantly flooded with adrenaline. I jumped out of bed as if I hadn't been in deep sleep for the last 4 hours and began the hunt. I kept waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike him and missed everytime. I ended up sleeping downstairs. Killed that piece of shit later on that day.
>>
>>8327834
Get fked
>>
>>8327791
Motion-tracking laser defense system

Some company already has a working prototype they want to sell farmers.
>>
>>8327791
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_drive

We have the technology. Edit the genes of a few male mosquitoes such that females they impregnate will only give birth to males and those males carrying the same genes. The mosquitoes run out of females after a while.

The only thing stopping us is hippies who think mosquitoes are more important than literally over a million humans they kill by spreading diseases every year.
>>
Do mosquitoes provide any benefit to the ecosystem? Don't they pollinate plants and provide a source of prey for mosquito predators?
>>
>>8327946
Hang on, if the mozzies are one of the few things left on this planet that keep uneducated people in check, I'm all for keeping the buggers around.
>>
>>8327946
>gene drives can be used not only to spread beneficial genetic modifications, but also detrimental ones as long the reproductive success is not reduced by more than 30%.
I don't completely understand the mechanism, but it sounds terrifying.
>>
>>8328067
Birds, frogs, and fish eat em like crazy. The little larve a huge part of a ponds ecosystem.
>>
>>8327834
>ankles

Seriously what's up with that, there's so little blood there. It's like they do it just to be annoying cunts
>>
File: meme.jpg (84KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
84KB, 529x529px
>>8327791
>How do I exterminate every last one of them
This man had some good ideas about removing blood suckers.
>>
>>8327791
>tfw mosquito bites disappear within an hour or two
The buzzing is annoying, so I just let the fuckers bite me. After that they leave me alone and I don't really care much about the bites.
>>
>>8331554
>tfw mosquito bites disappear within an hour or two
What? They can persist for 48 hours or more. Sometimes they don't even show up until the next day.
>>
>>8331554
you're a lucky one.
My dad doesn't swell at all; mine usually last 24 hours.
>>
>>8331582
Just varies per person.
>>
Mosquitos can burn in hell. I cannot fucking go outside and have a pitiful smoke in peace because these fuckers keep swarming me like crazy.
I hope you little mosquito shits like getting cancer hahahahaha.
>>
>>8327791
Step 1: Flip out over Zika and sacrifice millions of honey bees to the god of destruction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/01/like-its-been-nuked-millions-of-bees-dead-after-south-carolina-sprays-for-zika-mosquitoes/

Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit
>>
>>8327946
This is a plan that some want to go forward with.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/mosquitoes-are-deadly-so-why-not-kill-them-all-1472827158

I hope they do it and don't chickenshit out.
>>
>>8327925
That's an overly expensive redneck "bug zapper" light.
>>
>>8330392
>but it sounds terrifying.
Well, that's why it sucks to be stupid.
>>
>>8331582
What kind of mosquitoes? I've never had a bite last more than ~30 minutes.
>>
>>8331630
Always knew the carolinas were full of people with the mental capacity of chickadees, but i didnt think even chickadees would do something that hopelessly braindead.
>>
>>8331651
I don't know, whichever mosquitoes are common in the mid-atlantic of the east coast of the US.

What kind of mosquito bite lasts 30 minutes? Are we even talking about the same thing? I'm not sure how you would even notice the welt if it were only there for that long.
>>
>>8327834
>what is bug spray
>>
>>8330443
They know that you can't see them down there
>>
>>8331722
This is the problem with big spray.
>>8331630
It kills everything. My state used to have fire flies. I saw one in my childhood and not once since, mainly due to mosquito fogging. While I'm grateful for not dying from a mosquito borne illness, I'd rather eradicate (forever) the fucking non-native mosquitoes from the continent of North America.
>>
>>8327791
here's a good way to cull the local population
>set up large containers of open water outside
>mosquitoes will come and spawn their little demons in the water
>dump the water out and refill (enjoy watching their larvae wriggle around as they die)
>repeat this forever

Mosquitoes larval cycle can take anywhere for 4-10 days depending on temperature, so be sure to dump the water out every 3-4 days, or whenever you see them in their pupa stage.
>>
>>8332028
I'd rather use science and make their whole species into a non-viable sausage party.
>>8327946
>>
>>8332080
I think you'd rather do nothing but talk.
>>
>>8332088
Its already been done in labs. Just need to get permission to release it into the wild
>>
>>8332108
I'm not saying the tech isn't there. I'm saying you personally will do nothing. If you can't even fill buckets with water to decimate mosquitoes you sure as hell aren't going to be doing any science to fuck with their genome.
>>
>>8332116
>If you can't even fill buckets with water to decimate mosquitoes you sure as hell aren't going to be doing any science to fuck with their genome.
>implying knowingly breeding mosquitoes to fight mosquitoes will help exterminate mosquitoes
>being this much of an idiot
you probably perform your own surgery to save money, don't you?
>>
>>8327791
gotta love how everyone is a animal rights activist because 'keep nature the way it is' but the moment you get a bit of discomfort from something suddenly everyone is screaming 'exterminate'.
>>
>>8330402
>>8328067
Something else will fill the gap.
>>
>>8331725
h-how do they know?
>>
>>8332878
Maybe that's a sort of anthropic question. The bugs that fly around where you can see them get swatted, and if they don't die they keep trying until they end up somewhere you can't easily see/swat them.
>>
>>8327834
I haven't been sleeping properly for days because of this one single fucker that simply won't die
>>
>>8331672
>What kind of mosquito bite lasts 30 minutes? Are we even talking about the same thing?
All of mine only last about this long

t. Germany
>>
>>8332878
>>8332924
It's like how spiders have evolved to hide from humans as well as possible (only come out at night, run away as soon as they see you, etc.)

Because the ones that don't end up dead
>>
Would there even be any real environment repercussion to getting rid of mosquitos?
>>
>>8332978
My 5-second armchair analysis:

1. Mosquito's prey would benefit due to less death/injury. (Do they prey on anything apart from humans?)
2. Mosquito's co-predators would benefit (i.e. other species that feed on the same prey) due to less competition
3. Things that prey on mosquitos would suffer somewhat, except in the case that they also prey on #2

I'm not sure if category #1 (and by extension #2) is populated, but category #3 surely is populated, so it depends on whether #1/#2 are populated.
>>
>>8332978
Human population explosion in shitholes.
>>
>>8332583
>the free market will f-fix it!
>>
>>8332568
Pretty sure you're talking about completely different sets of people. Either that or people with no self-awareness and the inability to detect their own hypocrisy.

>>8332978
The thing about ecosystems is that they're really really complex. It's well known among ecologists that a single change to an ecosystem can result in entirely unpredictable consequences. Removing a species entirely is pretty much the same as introducing a new species. I'd love to go on and on about invasive species but there's not much point when the research is readily available and there are tons and tons of articles and case studies on them.
>>
File: Koppen_World_Map_Cwa_Cfa.png (193KB, 1024x627px) Image search: [Google]
Koppen_World_Map_Cwa_Cfa.png
193KB, 1024x627px
>>8327791
You probably live in a Cfa (hot and humid) climate. Mosquitoes are pretty much a fact of life here almost year-round. Load up on 90% DEET and stay out of shade is all I can say
>>
>>8331582
>>8331651
>>8331672
>live near swamp all my life
If you think that's bad, there are mosquitoes where the bites last 1 to 2 weeks and they are bloody messes. This is east coast US.
>tfw I gave up on running and bicycling because I couldn't stand the mosquitoes anymore
>>
>>8332940
>killing spiderbros
It's no wonder you have problems with mosquitoes if you kill all the spiders in your house.
>>
>>8327791
>comfy autumn is coming with nobugs
>>
>>8327925
>Some company already has a working prototype they want to sell farmers.

It's Nathan Myrvldld's Intellectual Ventures. So it's a proof of concept that will never become reality because its only purpose is to distract people from their patent trolling.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.