[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn vector calculus with little background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1472007905872.jpg (44KB, 686x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472007905872.jpg
44KB, 686x1024px
Is it possible to learn vector calculus with little background in differential and integral calculus? I need it for a class soon and I want to try to unfuck my shit up.

no bully

pls respond
>>
>lobsided face
>>
>>8326742
Yes
Any book with Vector calc will have some review you can look over to get up to speed.

However it will require focused, determined work to learn by setting yourself a schedule of a few hours per day without distraction and keeping to it, but you will play vidjya and shitpost here instead
>>
File: 1472003702619.jpg (86KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472003702619.jpg
86KB, 750x750px
>>8326746

>but you will play vidjya and shitpost here instead

Anon I dont play vidya!

And I aint a gorilla poster!

>>8326744

kys yourself
>>
It's probably never been done before. No one has ever learnt vector calculus by actively trying not to know derivatives and integrals
>>
>>8326748
disgusting facial asymmetry.
>>>/trash/
>>
>>8326744
*lopsided
Foolish American, you need to spend more time reading and less time listening to your countrymen mispronounce words.
>>
>>8326761
damn autocorrect :^)
>>
>>8326748
>bad dye job
>clown eyebrows
>hipster shirt
>extreme vanity problems taking/posting selfies
>average looks that without makeup forcefield would be 4/10

Needs a real stylist, eyebrow bar professional, style that isn't tshirts and less vanity.
>>
>>8326750

No I do want to learn derivatives and integrals, I got through a couple of classes back in college but I just have a very very basic idea of what they were and their significance.

Now they are throwing me into classes where vector calculus is needed to understand the textbook material when they never ever had a single vector calculus in the program.

It was foolish of me for not trying to learn it before, now I am here and I need to learn as much as I can... without much of the basic derivative and integral concepts.
>>
>>8326790

Anon... I hate to shit on your parade

But thats a cosplay, just like OPs pic. Hair is fake, its a wig.
>>
>>8326797
Her default pics are worse. Thats why she has to hide under 3 inches of makeup and mask her face with hair in every pic.

Although if there was a cosplay character with a lopsided head, she'd fit perfectly :^)
>>
>>8326807

literally kys yourself

why dont you help me learn vector calculus instead of insulting my russian cosplay - fu
>>
>>8326811
>>hipster shirt
It's not my fault she has an ugly crappy face brah :^)
>>
not really.

a first course in vector calculus will always eventually boil down to a double or triple integration problem.

at a minimum you're going to need to know -
-how to integrate common functions:
polynomials, trigonometric functions
-how to do an integration by parts
- how to do an integration by substitution.
-how to integrate a multivariable function over two or more variables

Then you'd be in a position to start learning the easiest vector calculus problems.

any slightly non-standard vector calculus problem could easily require you to know how to
-change the order of integration in multivariable integration
-how to do a multidimensional substitution of variables via a jacobian

and many of the things I mention use teh calculation of derivatives as one of the steps.

I have no idea how long it will take.

>>8326791
what is the class and how did you get into it without finishing a course in calculus?
>>
Threads like these always jerk my ego cause I finished vector calc and got a good grade as well.

Thanks op, and no, you will probably not make it.
Your proposal is like painting a house without a house.
And a brush.
>>
>>8326791
JUSTED
you are in over your head op. Drop out before you get raped
>>
>>8326851

Aerodynamics.

I did finish two calc courses, but the program in my college wasn't that good in that department. They don't have a Vector calc class.

It's not that the teacher requires it, but the book we are using for the class is very heavy on triple integrals and vector calculus in general.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.