[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What evidence is there for infinite possible universes? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: img_044.jpg (85KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
img_044.jpg
85KB, 500x750px
What evidence is there for infinite possible universes? It seems like someone made that up and the world just ran with it.
>>
It's a fictional concept not a scientific one.
>>
>>8323852
None whatsoever. Its just a way to make the math work
>>
>>8323852
there is no evidence that can prove or disprove infinite universes. It's less of a scientific theory and more of a neat idea.

We may have proof of parallel universes, but infinite universes cannot be proven.
>>
>>8323852
If you accept
- heisenberg's uncertainty principle
- inflation
- big bang

then it is very hard for the expansion not boil so that you get an infinity of universes

https://youtu.be/IcxptIJS7kQ?t=24m40s
>>
>>8323866
thats bullshit
- heisenbergs uncertanty principle is the result of observation impacting the system for example:
after determining the position of an electron you shoot it to a random trajectory.
>>
>>8324359
>is the result of observation impacting the system
mmm, i dont think so, i remember us being specifically told that that is not the case

otherwise the empty space wouldnt generate particle-antiparticle pairs for short periods of time...
>>
>>8324359
> disproves HUP
your physics nobel has been mailed
>>
>>8324359
https://www.google.com/#q=heisenberg+uncertainty+principle+common+misconception
>>
>>8323852
>What evidence is there for infinite possible universes?
Scientifically: none - it's pure speculation.

>It seems like someone made that up
The one who originally made it up was Leibniz in his "Théodicée"; he says we are living in "the best of all possible worlds" ("world" means "universe" there). "Possible" btw. means "not actual" there - the other possible worlds (besides the real world) only "exist" in the "mind" of god, they're not "real" in the sense of: god didn't actualise them.

Possible universes are nothing more but metaphysical speculations, some pop-"scientists" make a lot of money with.
>>
>>8323852
It's impossible to derive information about the actual universe without also implicating the existence of other universes. Anytime you make a general statement about the universe, you are naturally including all other possible universes that it applies to. This doesn't make sense if there is only one universe.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.