[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The other day I was fooling arround with my Geiger counter and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cansur.jpg (67KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
cansur.jpg
67KB, 450x450px
The other day I was fooling arround with my Geiger counter and it started going tic tic tic tic, extremely high rad levels and the pointer was off the charts.

I started freaking out and no matter where I gone it wouldn't stop so I went to a hospital and told the doctor I what was going on, I was crying and afraid to die, turns out that the counter was simply broken and I was embarassed because I had wet my pants in front of a cute nurse.

Post your /sci/ related stories.
>>
Or maybe you encountered a small radiation packet from an industrial metal waste and thats what the gieger counter caught and you will die shortly from aplastic anemia :^)
>>
>>8322650
hahaha what the fuck
>>
>>8323168

Nukeshill is trying to condition people into thinking that worrying about radiation is retarded. Ignore and hide the thread.
>>
>>8323185
But worrying about radiation is retarded.
>>
>>8322650
>this happened
>>
>>8323272
Not if you work in a nuclear power plant.
>>
>>8323272
when will you fuck off?
>>
>>8323319
He won't. He'll keep saying it until it weaves its way into the collective /sci/ consciousness, and enough idiots are parroting to make it self sustaining.

I can see it now "LNT is complete BULLSHIT, all radiation you could ever encounter in my arbitrary fantasies is COMPLETELY SAFE. The window hormesis is INFINITE (Yeah, that's right. I know that word, I heard someone mention it A FEW TIMES and now I DO TOO, because I'm AWARE and IN ON IT) and there is no DUALISTIC NATURE in the world! I bet they're just telling us not to go near the elephant's foot because of outdated MEME PSEUDOSCIENCE."

I'm leaving.
>>
>>8323339
Wasn't LNT rejected recently? Disclaimer: I don't know anything about this and I acknowledge that LNT makes the most sense intuitively
>>
>>8323352
LNT has problems, as does every other model that overreaches in what is clearly reasonable at the time as far predictive power.

The underpinnings of the LNT model make intuitive sense and are accurate, they're just misapplied and lacking key elements when you try to employ them in the bigger picture. Like I mentioned in my satire, the window for hormesis and effects that can be argued to net out as positive without much of any damage, is most certainly finite. The universe is not magic, and neither is the machinery of your cells. If a structure or piece of information is irreversibly degraded, the cell has little choice but to attempt to initiate apoptosis, and it could become cancerous if it's damaged in the the right phase.

It's dealing with probability, and that's it. By necessity it's limited. The chance of cancer from everyday radiation exposure is low, there are positive effects, but that doesn't make the chance of negative outcomes zero or remotely predictable outside of scenarios where you're practically evaluating single photons.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.