[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's 8 hours of the recent space walk and such. I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Iss009e29620.jpg (2MB, 2344x3532px) Image search: [Google]
Iss009e29620.jpg
2MB, 2344x3532px
Here's 8 hours of the recent space walk and such. I can't find a 60FPS copy it would be great if that's out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er3WrGKilD4

Here is some 60FPS footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNbyiglDRg

Commander Jeff Williams and Flight Engineer Kate Rubins of NASA conducted a spacewalk Sept. 1 to retract a thermal radiator, install the first of several enhanced high definition cameras on the station’s truss and tighten bolts on a joint that enables one of the station’s solar arrays to rotate.
>>
Neatttt. So weird seeing him not fall when they switch to helmetcam.
>>
>>8317896
Thanks a lot anon. Love this shit!
>>
>>8318033
>Orbit.
He is falling you dumb faggot.
>>
>>8317896
The astronauts are tethered to the station at all times right? What is the procedure if they become untethered and start drifting away from the station?
>>
>>8318053
The astronaut is supposed to open his emergency rear flap and ignite his miniature methane thruster.
>>
>>8317896
How long until the flat-Earthers get here?
>>
>>8317896

the earthy is actually flat

its not rounded like in the picture - only because of the camera used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRiLP32qfs
>>
>>8317896
QUESTION:

How come we can't see millions of stars/Milky Way in the background?
>>
>>8318053
They cut a hole in their glove
>>
>>8318135
>>8318296
>>8318327

: ^ )
^
)
>>
>>8318336
Serious question though - wanting to learn. Light pollution?
>>
>>8318346
>Light pollution?
Nah, it has to do with the camera exposure or something. I'm not a cameraologist (photography is for gay hipsters) so I don't know exactly.
>>
>>8318346
Presumably you're star guy.

The reason is exposure. If ou expose an image enough to show the stars you'll overexpose the earth - it will appear too bright in the image.
>>
>>8318327
>>8318346
>How come we can't see millions of stars/Milky Way in the background?
Because it's daytime, and the stars are only out at night.

Seriously; There's a maximum difference in brightness that eyes and cameras can capture in a singe image. So if footage of space is taken where a day-lit object fills a large fraction of the camera's field of view, it's going to wash out any stars that would otherwise be visible.

I've found this actually makes for a great test for the authenticity of photos from space - few artists can pass up drawing a starry sky.
>>
>>8318346
You can see them in OPs image
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.