[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if you drank a sufficient volume of 0.1M NaOH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: question.jpg (13KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
13KB, 560x375px
What would happen if you drank a sufficient volume of 0.1M NaOH to neutralise your stomach acid?
>>
>>8316507

Your stomach would be full of neutral liquid then you die
>>
>>8316508
>neutral liquid
But why would you die? It's just neutral liquid
>>
>>8316508
And why would you die?
>>
>>8316507
your stomach would compensate by expressing more acid
>>
desperate bump
>>
>>8316581
But there's a valid answer in this thread.
>>
you'd damage your throat.
>>
>>8316600
well, assuming that's not a problem and enough of it reaches your stomach without you vomiting or anything
>>
File: 1469869945032.jpg (93KB, 767x468px) Image search: [Google]
1469869945032.jpg
93KB, 767x468px
>>8316605
You wouldn't be able to digest food anymore, but assuming you give it enough time for your stomach to replenish the acid, you should be fine
>>
You would increase the probability of an unwanted bacteria or virus making it into your gut and potentially infecting you.
>>
Your blood pH would go up. You'd probably be fine long term. Don't cite me on that though
>>
>>8316766
Yes you killed the man by pulling the lever
>>
>just take a sufficient number of antacids over the counter
>neutralize stomach acid momentarily
>feel nothing, or relief if you have ulcerations in your stomach
>profit
>>
>>8316798
no, the trolley engineers did because they replaced the trolley motor after they removed it
>>
>>8316513
Because it would be extremely painful
>>
>>8316794
>blood pH would go up
lolno
>>
>>8316766
Maybe
>>
Most of the bacterial flora in your throat and stomach would die and you'd get very little fat out of anything you ate. Beyond that I have no idea.
>>
>>8316507
You need the acid to break down the food you eat. If you don't have the acid, how does the food in your stomach get turned to poop and pee?
>>
>>8317216
4 U
>>
Ever heard of water and salt crackers?
>>
>>8316508
>neutral liqud
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.