[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if we build a dyson sphere around a black hole and harvest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: SDSS-J1106.jpg (426KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
SDSS-J1106.jpg
426KB, 2000x1334px
What if we build a dyson sphere around a black hole and harvest all the Hawking radiation from it until it disappears?

Would that reverse entropy?
>>
>>8314105
Do you think before you type?
>>
>>8314105
What if we connected OP's asshole to his mouth with a tube and made him eat his own shit?

>>
>>8314105
What if we surgically remove OP's cock and force it down his throat?

>>
>>8314105
What if we call OP a faggot?

>>
>>8314105
What if we successfully produce a form of completely renewable cost effective energy that doesn't harm the planet at all and then divert 20,000,000 volts directly into OP until dead?

>>
What if we speed up entropy to the point that it explodes and collapses onto itself ?

>>
>>8314105
What if we just drive cars backwards so they take in CO2 and put out gasoline?

>>
What if we an hero?

>>
What if we have entropy in a car and drive the car backwards?

>>
Jesus Christ, just stfu you fucking retards. I came with a question to sci and that's what you do? You can all ck off, I'm not gonna let this thread sink anyway until I get an answer.
>>
What if we accelerate beyond the speed of light while entropy occurs?

>>
>>8314105
>>8314138
What if you open the system?

>>
>>8314138
See
>>8314115

What if OP actually used his brain?

>>
What if penis?

>>
>>8314149
No engineers, please. :^)
>>
What if we shitpost loudly?

>>
This thread made me giggle in an inappropriate situation, fuck you guys.
>>
What if we what if?

>>
What if we reverse entropy?

>>
File: image.png (199KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
199KB, 640x1136px
What if we built a Dysob vacuum cleaner around a black hole? Would the self-adjusting cleaner head and Dyson Cinetic (tm) Science generate 40x the suction and destabilize the universe?
>>
File: youmademegoogle.jpg (14KB, 552x86px) Image search: [Google]
youmademegoogle.jpg
14KB, 552x86px
>>8314165
You made me
>Google
deleting this. :^)
>>
>>8314179
>destabilize the universe
No but it might reverse entropy
>>
File: qb.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
qb.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
What if we build a dyson sphere around a human soul and harvest all the emotional energy radiating from it until it disappears?

>>
>>8314172
best one
>>
File: 1472674556142.jpg (25KB, 348x343px) Image search: [Google]
1472674556142.jpg
25KB, 348x343px
>>8314189
>>
>>8314142
Actually anything faster than the speed of light reverses everything, so yes.
>>
File: insufficient_loom.jpg (396KB, 1570x1536px) Image search: [Google]
insufficient_loom.jpg
396KB, 1570x1536px
>>8314105
Have you ever considered the possibility that you don't actually understand the scientific terms you're using? That maybe all of the advanced scientific explanations you've ever heard have just been metaphors, oversimplified to the point of removing all useful information? And that, therefore, you not only lack the knowledge to answer the questions you have, but also to know what questions are even vaguely coherent?

I would strongly recommend looking into this possibility.
>>
>>8314489
Will looking into this possibility reverse entropy?
>>
>>8314138
Are you at all familiar with the saying " stupid questions deserve stupid answers" That's literally what is happening in this thread now.
Majestic!
>>
File: 1413578276541.jpg (133KB, 525x540px) Image search: [Google]
1413578276541.jpg
133KB, 525x540px
What if we all become anime girls and remove one dimension from this world?

>>
>>8314548
But do stupid questions reverse entropy?
>>
>>8314105
>Would that reverse entropy?

do you even know what entropy is?
>>
>>8314594
The disorder in a system? :^)
>>
>>8314598

I know people meme around but entropy literally is disorder. It's basic combinatorics. Let's look at the equation with an ideal crystal in mind:

Entropy is S=k*ln(p_n), where k is the Boltzmann constant and p_n is the number of possible microstates to macrostate <n>.

Now for n=0 p is 1 because there is one possible macrostate without any vacancies within the crystal. Every atom is in it's regular position, all atoms can be hit with translation vector u<x,y,z>.

For n=1 p is N: there is one vacany with N possible positions and therefore N microstates.

For n vacancies (high disorder) p then becomes the binomial coefficient N over n. Therefore, disorder is cleanly and mathematically defined and saying entropy means disorder is legit.
>>
>>8314598
The thing is:
if you want to make the system order again (decreasing entropy) you need to put energy into it first (increasing entropy)

in a perfect world that would mean that entropy didn't change at all because you decreased it in one place and increased it in another. but in reality it just gets increased no matter what you.
So asking if you can reverse entropy is silly, because in a closed system like ours you can't do such a thing.

Literally, if you had your dyson sphere like thingie around a blackhole and converted 100% of hawking radiation to electrical energy. you would at best stop entropy from increasing
IF!!!! the world was completely perfect, and no energy is ever expelled to maintain the device, temperature, wind, and literally any other particles or processes wouldn't exist. It would be like perfectly charging an AA battery from a different AA battery moving energy from one place to another... but since the world isn't all sunshines and rainbows, entropy always increases no matter what crazy device you build around anything. And this was the simplest explanation I could give you (I'm horrible at explaining stuff...)
>>
>>8314690
Tl;dr OP is a faggot
>>
Surely all matter surrounding it would lose it's mass.
>>
>>8314690
>>8314657
So how much energy is required for reversing the enthropy? Is it possible without reversing time? If so, how much? If not, would it at least be possible to sustain a fixed enthropy by a system of infinite dyson spheres first of which is around a BH, second around the first and so on like that for every hole?
With such disposition would it become possible to theoretically have semi-eternal lbiological life, until the big freeze or something?

Everybody else, can suck my dick.
>>
>>8314734
poster of >>8314690 here

You probably didn't understand what I wrote very well.
It is impossible to "reverse entropy" or to decrease it.
Entropy always increases. No ammount of devices can change that (they would actually make it worse)
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>8314742
What if you reverse time inside of the black hole, harvest it for energy and perfectly transfer it to the dyson sphere around, say, Earth, so it looks like Coccoon?

Would it disrupt the gravity between it and the Sun by basically making the Earth independent, causing an eternal Sun-time?
>>
>>8314734

As he >>8314742 already said, it is impossible to my understanding. I think theoretically you could stop it if you could reach absolute zero (0 degrees Kelvin), because then the basic thermodynamic relation G=U-TS would simplify to G=U, meaning you could use 100% of the work within the system and none of that would be lost as heat etc. But this is the problem, 0K cannot be achieved and therefore we know of no way to reverse or even stop entropy. If you want to know more about this, look up the mechanics of a perpetuum mobile of second order. Perhaps some day something crazy will be discovered to alter entropy but as of today nothing of the sorts is known.
>>
>>8314771
I'll have you know that the inside of the black hole is unknown. There is nothing that guarantees that time is reversed there or anything like that. Singularity is just that, We have no way of finding out what happens there. Not to mention that any time reversal that would happen would only be true for that spot in the universe, the rest of time would be unaffected.

I'm sorry but you should stop thinking about this. You don't seem to understand what you are talking about very well and It's difficult for me to guess what it means that you are saying.
>>
>>8314828
Basically what if we reverse time inside the bh, collect the energy that comes out (with a dyson sphere for example) and use that energy to stop or even reduce the entropy on our planet? What could the side effects be?
>>
>>8314882

How can you think about gathering energy from a black hole if we don't even know for sure what's going on there and only have a theory (a gauss)?
>>
>>8314882
Look, I admire your perseverance with this, but everything in that post makes no sense. All of this hypothesis lack evidence or are outright wrong. and every part of it would demand a complete scientific discussion of many authorities, not a thread on /sci/
>>
>>8314690
>Closed system
Top fuckin kek
>>
>>8314926
>the universe is by definition a close system
What exactly is your problem anon?
>>
>>8314257
Entropy reversed
>>
What if we sarcastically repeat what OP says every other post for the rest of the thread?

>>
If i put my dick in a pencil sharpener, then put the shavings in a black hole

>>
>>8314105
What if the local sport's and tackle shop is selling entropy for $5.99 each and losing money?

Would that blow the roof off the prices and cause a plummet in the market? Would a blackhole fix it? What if we threw inflation into the blackhole, so that it is trapped, and the dollar bounces back?
>>
>>8316228
The dollar bouncing back would reverse entropy
>>
>>8314556
Or do stupid answers reverse entropy?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.