[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to try to get medication for my ADD symptoms.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1469997809461.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469997809461.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
I'm going to try to get medication for my ADD symptoms. Should I go to a psychiatrist or a general physician for this?
>>
>>8312431
general physician
>>
>>8312439
That's what I was thinking as well. It begs the question of what is even the point of psychiatrists then?
>>
>>8312443
I go to my psychiatrist for my schizophrenia meds. they specialize in it
>>
>>8312443
they are probably more knowledgeable and experienced with your problems than a general physician

in my experience they do more in depth testing that may or may not reveal other ailments similar/in addition to ADHD, in which case they can put you on several medications

that said you should still probably start with your general physician, as they can direct you further
>>
File: 1445556722086.jpg (117KB, 435x750px) Image search: [Google]
1445556722086.jpg
117KB, 435x750px
>add medicine
>>
>>8312431
Meds aren't 100% for any mental illness, and can cause bad side effects.

By all means trust your doctor, he knows his shit, but take it with a grain of salt and do your own research before you take anything.
>>
How hard is it go get meds like amphetamine and benzos? Like not like so I can abuse/sell them but I have pretty bad anxiety and would like to get a handful(4-10) of kpins for a month. Should I tell my doctors my symptoms or tell him straight up I know kpins will help me. Or is directly asking for a med bad?
>>
>>8312501
yeah man the fact taht i instantly get sapped of all energy the instant i think about a task that requires consistent concentration and start yawning uncontrollably for literally a minute straight is all just in my head.
>>
>>8312702
Too bad they dont have faggot medicine, you could use some
>>
>>8312707
would that fix the yawning or no
>>
>>8312572
Depends on how attractive you are. If you're ugly they'll just jerk you around and put you on SSRIs and shit for probably like a year before they'll give you stims/benzos. If you're an attractive male you can get stims, and if you're an attractive female you can get either. I've literally fought with doctors for a decade over crippling depression and anxiety and they just keep jerking me around.
>>
>>8312736
Wow u reallg are mentally ill if you think it is some plot cause youre ugly lmao
>>
>>8312847
Not really. I am attractive but I imagine people are more willing to cooperate and believe attractive people. Maybe you're just too young and naive to understand this?
>>
>>8312847
>>8312903
Think it has more to do with how they imagine your life is based on your looks.

If an 'attractive' male covered in tattoos and gang clothes went in asking I imagine they would be less likely to hand out stims or benzos compared to an ugly looking guy who comes off as a wagie or office drone.
>>
>>8312975
I would assume attractive and intimidating are mutually exclusive unless you're a female.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.