[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How likely is it that it will be possible in the next 100 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nko0fw6D5v1sij4djo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nko0fw6D5v1sij4djo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x250px
How likely is it that it will be possible in the next 100 years that a method will be developed to transfer a human consciousness from one brain into another (either biological or non-biological)?
>>
54%
>>
File: 1469763527682.jpg (21KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469763527682.jpg
21KB, 500x378px
>>8310532
>>
>>8310532
>Margin of error: ~72%
>>
>>8310528
0%.
>>
>>8310528
42#@$%
>>
Define consciousness
Copying your brain contents like memories, personality will be possible 100%.
>>
Consciousness is made up of the human, so, never.

Your hand can still "feel" itself when it gets cut off, but only for as long as the nerve cells stay alive. Humans can't epimorph only because we have single sets of vital organs and don't absorb nutrients\oxygen through our skin like worms or frogs do.
>>
>>8310711
Sucks but if you work it down, consciousness will be a single interaction made between two particles, who's vibrations affect and are affected by the rest of the nervous system. Probably started in the sperm and egg cells.

I thought that was part of the old argument for sexism, was people thought only men had consciousness since the sperm cell moved but the egg cell just floats around
>>
>>8310711

I mean continuity of experience; like going to sleep in one body and waking up in another body across from the room, being able to get up and look at your old body with no brain activity, and then being able to return to it.

I don't mean creating a 'copy' which could exist alongside the previous version and which would have a 'new' experience of reality, but with the memories and personality of the initial person.
>>
>>8310730
>consciousness will be a single interaction made between two particles, who's vibrations affect and are affected by the rest of the nervous system.
LEL, there islike, no proof at all, not even a way to aproaching this problem
>>
>>8310713

>Your hand can still "feel" itself when it gets cut off, but only for as long as the nerve cells stay alive.

What are you talking about? The hand cannot feel anything after it has been separated from the CNS. With nothing to process the signals from the receptors there is no sensation.
>>
>>8311510
I think he is referring to phantom limb syndrome https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb
>>
>>8311517

He's clearly not. Since he mentions the hand feeling itself and 'nerve cells' staying alive.
>>
this thread should be called "citation needed: the movie"

there is no way to know about conciousness, no way at all, its all speculation, maybe one day well know, but it will be so alien to us like the concept of a black hole would be to a caveman
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.