[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever just wonder, why did I specifically gain consciousness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 190741_4104701.jpg (138KB, 632x768px) Image search: [Google]
190741_4104701.jpg
138KB, 632x768px
Do you ever just wonder, why did I specifically gain consciousness, in this body, not the body of someone else, and not the body of an animal or something? Doesn't it ever just seem weird to you that you happen to become the person you are, on the planet you're in, and you're you and not someone else, and you can only experience consciousness specifically as yourself?
>>
Yeah. Sometimes after smoking weed or dropping acid I've gotten an overwhelming sense that I'm actually not just me, that I am actually experiencing everyone's consciousness and they are experiencing mine, that there is only one consciousness.

But as I type that out now it seems like bullshit doesn't it? Probably just a delusion.
>>
>>8305990
I'm quite amazed by this too, why do I experience the world as it is? Have you ever looked at your toes for too long and thought about how weird and alien life is? I'm convinced that only about 30% of people in the world actually poses the ability to observe themselves from the outside, to continually create higher levels of abstraction and observe reality from this higher level. The rest of are simply closed loop automatons who can not understand even that they are conscious beings.
>>
This post was made like a month ago PLEASE do not reply to bait.
>>
>>8306122
This isn't bait, it's one of life's deepest mysteries.
>>
>>8306146
actually it's not.

Q: Why am i in this body exactly?
A: Because it's random.
Q: Oh.

mystery solved.
>>
>>8306150
That doesn't satisfy my curiosity.
>>
Consciousness is a byproduct of perception and is tied to the brain. You can't be conscious in someone else's brain, and you can't move a consciousness into a new container.
>>
>>8306184
But how come I, specifically, became this conglomeration of cells and bacteria, and all of this constructs my consciousness? How come I assembled into this? How come right now, specifically me, why am I all of a sudden a thing, and not just a rock laying on the beach somewhere?
>>
>>8306190
death
>>
>>8305990
You're the same guy who posted this with the anime picture a while back, right?
>>
>>8306234
I don't think so.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.