[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone here obsessed with proving their own intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: b802134.png (36KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
b802134.png
36KB, 500x683px
Why is everyone here obsessed with proving their own intelligence and or self worth?
>>
>>8303918

Tell us just one thing.
Are you a math major?
>>
>>8303918
They're young. Young men are generally very invested in inflating their egos. It's natural. I was like that when I was a young adult. They will grow out of it (I hope.)
>>
>>8303918
Inferiority Complex and Underachievement.
>>
>>8303960
No, I'm an undeclared major
>>
>>8303968
>They will grow out of it
Come on, we all know those people in STEM jobs who try to jump at people's throat for the tiniest mistakes.
>>
>>8303918
Who wouldn't let a dragon give them a blowjob?
>>
>>8303984
That's true.

30% of them will grow out of it. (I hope*)

*A very generous estimate
>>
File: 1443070617911.jpg (22KB, 399x295px) Image search: [Google]
1443070617911.jpg
22KB, 399x295px
>>8303968
I constantly see threads about people asking if they are smart enough to do X or bragging about their IQ scores or asking if they will ever amount to anything in the field they wish to pursue. These threads ruin this board and just make everyone depressed and feel stupid.
>>
>>8303918
>>8303992

That is the nature of having a "science&math" board on a site like 4chan. The truth is with the Dunning–Kruger effect.

tldr; real smart people don't brag about it because they know how little they really understand.
>>
>>8303918
I fucking lol'd at that picture
>>
It either two things:

1. Dunning–Kruger effect

2. They might be intelligent but there lacking somewhere. Some cliche shit where there missing something, so unconsciously they need to make themselves feel better about something

and

3.Smart people don't care about persuading to other people that they are smart, plus they know enough to realize they know next to nothing
>>
>>8303918
Sexual selection. Men will fuck anything with a warm wet hole, females are wired to assess all qualities of their mate and so men strive to demonstrate their superiority at all times.

Or at least, those without the quality of character to suppress such primitive urges.
>>
>>8303979
>No, I'm a failure
>>
>>8304888
>Men will fuck anything with a warm wet hole,

Agreed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.