[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it truly ethical as a society to allow people with genetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Is it truly ethical as a society to allow people with genetic diseases like MS, muscular distrophy, or Huntington's disease(an autosomal dominant disorder) to reproduce? Sure, you can argue it's unethical not to let them in terms of individual rights, but what about the child they will produce and the rest of society( people they can marry). It's seems slightly more irresponsible for the individual to do such a thing.
>inb4 muh eugenics accusation
>>
>>8301633

All natural DNA is trash full of shit, even somebody tall, good looking, intelligent, etc traits considered to be 'good genes' will still be fill of complete dogshit, we need to manipulate it and create a race of super humans
>>
>>8301633
>Is it truly ethical
Get out.

Also who cares? It's happening regardless of peoples opinions. Something like 90%+ of babies with congenital defects, especially down syndrome, are aborted by the mother.
>>
>>8301633
Would it be ethical to stop them given there's only a chance of passing on those diseases? Especially with illnesses like MS where a genetic component is still to be identified.
>>
>>8301647
I guess I should have added that I mean more adult onset disorders like Huntington's. There is literally nothing we can do about it if you find out via gene testing. And your kids WILL all have it at some point of their adult lives.
Abortions( especially spontaneous) will happen so their is not much to do about that, though I question again the ethics of the parent for having kids with a normal person and society for letting them.
>>
>>8301652
Well what about autosomal dominant disorders is what I'm mostly on about again( adult onset too).
>>
>>8301633
Disregarding the fact this entire idea is retarded, MS is not even a genetic disease.
And you do realize you could just PGD to make sure the child isn't sick right? Today anyone who wants to can do it, there's no need to "not allow them to reproduce". Whether PGD or even some engineering in future should be mandatory or not can be argued of course.
>>
>>8301633
to ALLOW them? who's allowing them? it's their right. no one needs to allow them.

if you want to claim some power over people that lets you decide who can and can't reproduce, you're fucking insane
>>
short people are able to withstand g forces better. the shorter you are the better you are able to fly a fighter jet.

yet short people, especially men, are considered unhealthy and unwanted.

this is why i believe that master race or white supremacy is absolutely ridiculous. Most of their arguments for a better race is completely cosmetic and attributed to a white washed view of history.

did you know blacks have a less chance of developing osteoporosis and higher bone density than whites yet it is still a problem that they have vitamin d deficiency according to nutritionists.
>>
>>8301633
>to allow people with genetic diseases ...
>...to reproduce
It's not a matter of "allowance", it''s a matter
of repression. Is it ethical for society to repress
the reproduction of genetically-deficient people?
>>
File: citation-needed.png (552B, 163x96px) Image search: [Google]
citation-needed.png
552B, 163x96px
>>8301638
>All natural DNA is trash full of shit
[citation needed]
>>
File: hole me back nikka.jpg (48KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
hole me back nikka.jpg
48KB, 640x484px
>letting ethics get in the way of anything
>>
>>8301633
where do you draw the line?

For example, deaf individuals do not see themselves as having any disability whatsoever. In fact, they tend to shun individuals who get cochlear implants. So, this concept that the only life worth living is one that is perfect creates a very grey line. "

>inb4 muh eugenics accusation
you are begging the question of eugenics quite literally, how the fuck did you not see it as otherwise?

Ultimately this sounds like b8 fo sho
>>
>>8301633
Why not use ivf, fertilize the eggs, extract a cell and test it before implanting it in the womb. We have the ability to allow these people to reproduce with out passing on there defects.
>>
Why is eugenics even bad in the first place? Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just because Nazis and Americans went full retard implementing it incorrectly in the 30s.
>>
>>8302942
>have stronger teeth too
>hit developmental milestones faster
>hit puberdy faster
>start killing one another faster
>never quite reach mental maturity
>have iq 20 points lower than the rest of us

nah im fine being white
also asians are like super pedomorfic, no titis, no dicks, hit maturity later and have a higher iq again im fine being white
>>
>>8303046
why do we let ethics stop interesting research but we don't let ethics stop people from cursing others with a lifetime of awfulness?
>>
>>8303568

>can't spell
>"muh dick!"
>can't capitalize

Jesus Christ, I'm so glad I'm not a dumb White.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.