[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on antidepressants, in particular SSRIs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1449736828091.jpg (62KB, 950x440px) Image search: [Google]
1449736828091.jpg
62KB, 950x440px
What are your thoughts on antidepressants, in particular SSRIs and SARIs?

Little is known about the mechanisms behind depression and antidepressants. One theory I have heard is that depression is the result of lacking synaptogenesis and neurogenesis, for example due to stress or dissatisfaction but also obviously genetic and that SSRIs promote both.

However, there is also endless controversity surrounding antidepressants, some even claiming that they permanently damage your brain.

Any medfags here who know more about this?
>>
>>8296297
>SSRIs
It's like trying to brush away rust with a toothbrush. You can brush away the superficial flakes but it doesn't solve the core problem.

All discovered compounds that would be truly powerful antidepressants are illegal because they directly induce positive and happy mindstates, some idiot in charge decided that clearly we can't have that.

SSRIs have a slightly sedative effect, they decrease your motivation. This will reduce the agitation of depression which can be interpreted as "antidepressant effect" but it is a completely fucking stupid approach because depressed people are in extreme need of becoming activated and motivated.

Yes I've tried SSRIs, yes I'm a medfag, and the more I read about them the more angry I become. We give fucking garbage compounds as treatment for depression, while at the same time the very well documented fucking substances that are not patent protected that could revolutionize psychiatry, especially in anxiety and depression, are sitting on a fucking list of banned substances.

It's a fucking crime against humanity.
>>
I have schizophrenia so I've gone through a lot of meds. Right now I'm taking lithium carbonate and haloperidol. The halos give you five minutes of euphoria if you chew them, which is great. I'm highly stressed all day trying to philosophize my way out of a wet paper bag, and it has physical effects like my jaw hurts I can barely eat, the immidiate mind change from halos is like cutting yourself to release endorphins it gives you a break from the built up stress and the relief lasts half an hour or more before the stress starts building back up. I've been looking at the chemical diagrams of various meds and I'm thinking about trying the anti depressant zyprexia. I can magnetize two objects I hold in my hands like with my soul and it feels like they are part of my body. So I'm looking for something that will affect my melanin, melanin doesn't just act as a pigment but its part of your immune system, and your adrenial glands, and it is burnt in your eyes to help form the image, I think it could help me with my hallucinations. I can feel my spirit inside and outside my body so I'm thinking if I attatch some circles to my melanin's I can filter my spirit through them. Like when I take 3 hits of meth my spirit that normally rests in my hand spreads out to my whole body. Usually I have to lay down and concentrate on spreading it to achieve the same effect. So I think I'm on to something maybe I could get a perscription for desoxyn or something. I'm buying a samurai sword in a few days and am going to channel my soul into it eight hours a day until I sprout wings and a halo lol.
>>
>>8296507
Cannabidiol completely controls my psychosis, and thc completely controls my depression and mania. But it all must be bad because the DEA says so, right? We can't have people getting stoned.
>>
>>8296507
this
>>
>>8296765
CBD is legal
>>
I've been smoking weed for 10 years and its causing my anxiety to get worse.

However my entire life I've been constantly on edge about everything. I assume the worst in every situation. Everytime I have a heart palpitation I worry I'm going to go into cardiac arrest. I'm constantly worrying about blood clots etc etc.

My doctor wants me to go on prozac.
>>
>>8297508
Studies have shown that cbd is absorbed by the body better when combined with low doses of thc. The high cbd oil I use is about 67% cbd and ~5% thc. Not enough thc to have much of a psychoactive effect, but enough to flunk a drug test. You can't legally obtain this in a non-legal state in the U.S. I love California.
>>
>>8297512
I've drifted into worriesome periods on weed too, sometimes it's much worse, sometimes it's better.

If you're getting anxious and paranoid then stop or cut down(take a single puff or two per joint) a lot on smoking until you have a better life situation.

>However my entire life I've been constantly on edge about everything.

Try MDMA, you don't need a dancefloor or someone to love but you probably want a good friend to talk to. You will feel a flood of happiness that washes away all the anxiety and fear and you will be able to breathe freely and relax in a manner that simply feels perfect. A window of unimaginable emotional lightness. It doesn't permanently cure you but it gives you a perspective and lessens the mental burden of worries and bad memories, because you become aware that you're not your worries and bad memories. They might exist but they are not permanent and defining features of yourself.

>prozac
I tried that and it was disgusting. I first tried Sertraline an it had a very minor positive effect(that may have been placebo, but yeah, it felt like it reduced anxiety levels, not so much helping with depression), but prozac was utter fucking garbage. Dissolve tobacco in sugar water and rub it on your skin, then don't shower for 5 days, that's the wonderful feeling of being prozac I had. Whatever trust and hope I had in the psychiatric system to fix me when I went there the first time is by now completely gone.

Find a good therapist instead and talk. That will actually feel good and will also be more helpful than any SSRIs, it will simultaneously be a form of exposure therapy that can reveal your worries.
>>
>>8296297
I've been struggling with depression for years. 2 years ago I started taking Prozac, the treatment lasted for a year. Since last August until now I havent touched an SSRI since. Truthfully, the antidepressant didn't make me feel any better and at times it made me feel worse. It only made me feel more stable. As for happiness, I feel much happier now than I did when I was on an SSRI. Because I actually took steps to improve and motivate myself, to change my mentality and anxiety and negativity. And to cut out those emotional and psychological drains in my life. I tried exercises, meditation, therapy, devoting time to work and hobbies, and talking to friends and family. Funny enough I've felt more at peace after smoking hash, which I've been doing a lot more lately, than I have while on SSRI's. SSRI's just make you feel numb, they completely remove all emotions, whereas after smoking pot I just feel at ease and peaceful. Not to mention that the side effects of SSRI's only increases your anxiety and lower your confidence through weight gain and sexual dysfunction.
>>
>>8298585
SSRIs also lower your motivation, because of this they are not recommended for use in people with traumatic brain injury because these people often have problem with abulia.

It's fucking amazing that something that lowers motivation is prescribed to treat depression, another group of people that often have problems with motivation.

Treatments for depression need to be completely overhauled. Thinking about he current system makes me angry, because people who need real help get something that's about as useful as facebook likes and prayers. fuck that.
>>
File: tumblr_mrhxrl2ih61qj6juso1_1280.jpg (701KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrhxrl2ih61qj6juso1_1280.jpg
701KB, 600x900px
Ask me anything about Lamictal or clonazepam.

Or ask about the MDMA I took tonight, alone, because I'm a moron.
>>
>>8296553
you're not taking enough
>>
>>8298832

thats a good time in my books anon

last time i did that, ended up drinking down on the beach with a bunch of aboriginal people

a genuinely good night
>>
File: 1385996003072.jpg (25KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
1385996003072.jpg
25KB, 400x283px
>>8296553
>>
>>8296297
People will label these antidepressants as a means of control and supression for people who would otherwise supposedly be rebels to the elite/government/establishment.

For me, I have reoccurring problems with depression and anxiety issues, so Venlafaxine SSRNs help regulate my moods. I get irritable at many times and they help with that. But they also supress my sex drive and flatten my emotions at times.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.