[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, little niche request. My grandma (now 80) spent most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: pflanzenheilkunde.jpg (65KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
pflanzenheilkunde.jpg
65KB, 424x283px
Hello, little niche request.

My grandma (now 80) spent most of her life working in an apothecary and in her days (espacially after the war, I live in austria) herbalism was still very big and she knew a lot about it.
Yet she could never really pass her knowledge on to me as 8 years ago, when I was still young, she had a stroke (due to a bad medicine plan which her doctor was responsible for) and had major problems with talking ever since.
But as I became adult and thus aware of my surroundings I realised I want to gather a lot of knowledge about the plants around me and their use in medicine, yet my grandma will be unable to help me with this goal.

So, what books (or book collections) are out there about that topic? I prefer german, free books and ones available in the net of course and I bet there are a lot of them out there since copyright only lasts a limited time after death, but first I don't know if those books are dated and second sites like Gutenberg offer all kinds of books and do not help in guiding which books are actually good and complete in that topic. If necessary I do not fear visiting the vienna library of course.

Apart from classic herbalism sources on plants in combination with destillation (oils, perfumes, etc) would be very interesting to me as well (as this was partly practised in apotehcaries as well)

So, is anyone of you proficient in herbalism or can help me in finding good sources of knowledge?

For a discussion part, what do you think of traditional herbalism today? Is it more trustworthy or even better than medicine (espacially in petty illnesses where they can be an alternative to the overused antibiotics) or do you think that this is outdated and should be replaced completely by "artificial" pharmacy as it is way more dependable? Where you ever interested in plants and their effects on humans at all?
>>
Btw, as I just discovered this could be misinterpreted here, I am not one of those who wants sources on pseudo-science. If something is proven untrue by todays science, it is very likely to be wrong (referencing to the "belief" part on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_medicine)
>>
>>8292715
I was really interested in plants and what use they can be for humans. I considered it a "lost knowledge" of some sort. Also, knowing that you can grow soemthing in your backyard and harness some medical effect from it was motivating for me to start some biotech company. Unfortunately, plants are unpredictable and they mostly have a lot of other compounds in them then the one which you want to extract for, lets say, a heart-disease. So, you kind of never now the right concentration and what you have in one plant. Variability is high and extraction yield might be low. But I am still considering it, especially that one could "optimize" the production of a compound by plants nowadays with genetics or breeding technology. I am in Germany btw...lets get a start-up :D
>>
>in German
who are you trying to genocide this time? tell it on >>>/pol/
>>
>>8292736
I was not thinking about it nor finding this funny...so I think that you belong there
>>
>>8292734
Haha, yes. This is exactly what I am talking about. I consider it very useful in illnesses like the general cold, Rheuma, etc. Please tell me how you got your knowledge
>>
>>8292739
*consider it very useful though
Forgot a very important part there, as I don't think it can help a lot in major diseases, like brain, heart, cancer etc
>>
>>8292715
>>>x
>>
>>8292739
Library...if you have access to a university one or even the local city library will help.

Also if you google "medical plant pdf" youc an find some usefull links...some are presentations ,but sometimes you stumble across a book. Hint: google for "handbook of medicinal plants"...there is also a pdf link...900 pages...
try the same thing on german...i ont have any yet I could recommend in that language.

also try to search in the internet archive.

I also saw some related books in Thalia or other book stores in germany. Mostly in the pharmacy department. Arzneimittel pflanzlicher Herkunft usw.

Wish I could give you something better...but my advice...every term you find useful, you can google with a pdf after it :D

botanische pharmakologie? google it with "pdf" :P
>>
>>8292762
also there are some scientific papers like:

pharmacology of natural medical plants and natural products....

also look in the references of this wor for example...
>>
>>8292762
Oh yes, that idea is really not bad. Until now I only used that to get results on specific books I know the name of. Can I ask you stuff later too? Meine Adresse wäre hallo1126 an gmail (Wegen den Bots hier nicht die Adresse ausgeschrieben, sorry. Hoffe du weißt trotzdem welche ich meine)
>>
>>8292768
[email protected] ?
>>
>>8292797
Thank you, man. Yes
>>
I life Hoffman's book "Medical Herbalism" because it includes a biochemical interpretation of the medical effects of herbalism. It has very varied information about different plants, compounds, and diseases, you should search it up, "medical herbalism pdf. It's in english.
>>
>>8292761
Seriously man, wtf. He was asking about scientific information, not some pseudo-science bs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.