[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me the lowdown on wi-fi radio band? Completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Wi-fI.gif (97KB, 1032x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Wi-fI.gif
97KB, 1032x1032px
Can someone give me the lowdown on wi-fi radio band? Completely safe for long term use even up close? For example my niece is lying with her ipad on her stomach for hours every day, is that all fine and harmless?
>>
There is more danger involved in standing outside in the sunlight for 15 minutes than there is in being exposed to any amount of radio waves. The likelyhood that they would have any significant, intelligible effect on the human body is unbelievably low. If you want to know more about why, look up Radio Waves and read anything about what they are. Using your deductive skills and knowledge of biology, put two and two together. And then sage and die.
>>
>>8286297
Thanks for the answer, even though you're a cheeky little cunt. Anyone have a differing opinion?
>>
>>8286694
studies have shown that a couple of hours of a wlan sourcr nearby have the around the same effects as 15 minutes of sunlight on you. The likelyhood that this has long term health effects on you is in fact surprisingly high.
If you want to know more about why, look up Radio Waves and read anything about what they are. Using your deductive skills and knowledge of biology, put two and two together.
Bumping for interest myself.
>>
>>8286230
>>8286297
>>8286694
He's right.
Radiowaves vary between kilohertz for am radio, up to gigahertz, for top end routers.

even at this "high" energy, the radiation is still too low to interact with your body. it effectively just passes through, ignoring your body entirely.

there is no evidence that cellphones,power lines, tv's, routers etc... have had any impact on biological functions after extended exposure due to the waves themselves.
>>
>>8286230
She'll be fine. WiFi operates at around 2.6GHz(i forget). The EM radiation is non-ionizing so no worries there and although it operates at the same frequency as most microwaves it doesn't output enough power to cause a non-negligible effect.

P.S. If you wanna piss her off, run the microwave for a few minutes while she's using the WiFi
>>
I don't get how anyone can be scared of radio waves when you're constantly bombarded with cosmic rays and radiation from the Uranium and Thorium that exists all around us. If you've ever tried to get a tan (whether at the beach or in a salon), you have no right to complain about the health effects of RF or microwave radiation.

http://xkcd.com/radiation/

>>8286723
>likelyhood that this has long term health effects on you is in fact surprisingly high
Yes but the likelihood of those health effects being significantly worse than exposure to sunlight is incredibly low.
>>
What about those studies showing an effect on the quality of seamen?
>>
Your niece is far more likely to kill her iPad than herself with this..
>>
>>8288813
Do they have WiFi on boats?
>>
>>8289026
not funny shut up
>>
>>8289055
Haw-haw, dumb boatfag is using up all his cell phone data.

Drive some more boats, boatfag.
>>
>>8286230

whether or not your ipad is on your stomach, youd still be receiving the wifi radiation regardless

theres nothing you can do to avoid it unless you live in a faraday cage
>>
>>8289063
I'd say that hes being the fun police on this one, but you really aren't funny, stop talking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.