[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I end up 80 years old some day and I don't have an undergrad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: fghfdhgf.png (457KB, 612x516px) Image search: [Google]
fghfdhgf.png
457KB, 612x516px
If I end up 80 years old some day and I don't have an undergrad level understanding of basic physics, pure mathematics - topics of this caliber - I will be ashamed of myself and will have felt like I wasted my life

But I don't see myself managing to do it - I have a job, I have to support myself, I'm not even really that smart. I have a degree in CS and at first I thought "Oooh cool, Turing Machines, Finite State Automata, NP Completeness, this is cool smart shit" but then I realized it's kind of high school level in its requirement for intelligence, it's just sort of really specific to CS so nobody else bothers to study it explicitly, whereas a physics major could probably learn it pretty easily with a basic understanding of algorithms, computation etc.

What I'm trying to say it - is there a feeling of satisfaction once you gain a rudimentary, basic understanding of the implications of Einstein's theory of relativity and how it works, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, all of this cool stuff. Is it satisfying, or is it just "Meh, now what job can I get with this..."
>>
>>8283368
>I have a degree in CS

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>8283400
Yeah be so sorry that I make 6 figures
There are many facets of life and advantages and disadvantages of certain degrees.
>>
>>8283368
>i want to understand things for the sake of understanding them and then just keel over
utterly pointless senpai. just get high and enjoy this pointless ride.
>>
File: « Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ».jpg (44KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
« Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ».jpg
44KB, 641x480px
Physics and math double major here, just dropping by to say your degree was trash and you will never make the effort to understand real thug shit because youre a lazy CShitter. I feel satisfaction when I understand a physics concept, but I get more satisfaction from knowing that apes like you will never understand it than I do from having figured it out.

They really should insta-delete any post that has CS in it. This is a science and math, computer """"""science"""""" has no place on it.
>>
>>8283409
Okay how did you even write this post without computer science.

Do you understand what happens when you hit the "post" button? Arrogant as fuck
>>
>>8283409
>>8283412
Also you're either a lesbian or a really effeminate guy who gets no pussy, so lol
>>
>>8283409
Oh and didn't even notice you say this: all of your pleasure in learning new math and physics concepts is derived from knowing other people don't know it? Someone's a fag

And computer science IS a branch of math clearly you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
>>
>Become 80
>Still destined to die and cease to exist.
Fuck this gay universe. Not existing is better than existing if we are meant to return to not existing.
>>
>>8283409
And to finish, youre a faggot.
>>
File: 3489579345793458349534.jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3489579345793458349534.jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
>>8283409
Did you just try to post a smug pic of yourself?
>>
>>8283368
>If I end up 80 years old some day and I don't have an undergrad level understanding of basic physics, pure mathematics - topics of this caliber - I will be ashamed of myself and will have felt like I wasted my life
Lol,
OP, sometimes I feel like I could have gotten more out of life, and that makes me sad.
But then I read this.
Never again will I feel like a loser.
"I was sad because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet."

Go outside OP.
Talk to a random stranger.

You're welcome.
>>
>>8283409
>muh feels.
>>
>>8283488
I feel bad for it
>>
>>8283478
>Go outside

Shush, normalfag. Your kind doesn't belong here.
>>
>>8283409
given infinite time, /sci/ is /soc/.
>>
File: hyuna.jpg (456KB, 1174x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hyuna.jpg
456KB, 1174x1600px
How shitty university did you go? I was required to have 1/3 of my credits coming from pure maths to get my bachelor's in CS.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.