[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is dying of old age fully dependant on my bodily functions shutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (851KB, 728x814px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
851KB, 728x814px
Is dying of old age fully dependant on my bodily functions shutting down?
Just how long could I live if my brain was in a jar and all of my bodily functions would be done by a machine that never loses its erficiency and energy? Would I still die around the age of 80 like the average person in the west or could I live far longer?
>>
>>8280672
Well, your brain is organic just like everything else in your body, so I guess eventually it would give up, too.

But usually death by old age is due to failure of other organs. You might live a bit longer. Chances are you would still be affected by the same brain diseases/mental issues that normally come with old age, though.
>>
>>8280672
Look you stupid shit.

You're gonna get old and die. We all do. Doesn't matter if you make another 5000 threads about it.

You are going to die old and miserable and nothing can change that.

Have a nice day ;)
>>
>>8280694
This.

Don't be afraid anon. Death is just like another puberty. You're morphing into your final form.
>>
File: eliezer_the_fatass.jpg (18KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
eliezer_the_fatass.jpg
18KB, 280x280px
>>8280694
B-B-B-BUT............... MUH STRONG AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8280694
>>8280698
The thing is, I'm not afraid of death and never understood people who are. I was just wondering how much longer you could live on like that.
>>
>>8280694

>Letting yourself get cucked by death

Enjoy missing out on the singularity grandpa.
>>
>>8281589
now that i exist why would i want to not exist again just permanently? it's not entirely like prior to being born, this is the end. yes in either case you don't exist but before life you still have a life eventually ahead of you. the transience of our existence sucks senpai.
>>
>>8280689
>you would still be affected by the same brain diseases/mental issues that normally come with old age
Almost all of those are caused by long periods of brain inflamation, not age.
They are completely avoidable by diet.

>>8281589
>I was just wondering how much longer you could live on like that
I think the brain is expected to fail around 125?
Not sure if that's the nerves themselves or one of the 5-ish subsystems needed to keep them alive, but they're intertwined deeply enough that it probably doesn't matter.
>>
>>8280672
Don't worry about it. By the time you're 80 such much shit would've came out to keep you alive longer with a functioning body and brain.
>>
File: xkcd 568.png (20KB, 191x225px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd 568.png
20KB, 191x225px
>>8283117
>>
>>8280694
Don't try to derail this thread with your philosophical BS.

This is just a fun question to think about!
>>
>>8281589
Not much? I mean you'd go from being a brain in a body to essentially a brain in preservatives, but even preserved organic matter deteriorates.

and no, you can't just "download your mind" because even if that computer did some how become conscious and not just a bunch of saved memories, it isn't you. It's a copy of you. So then this new you-like entity gets to watch it's original version slowly die, then goes on to live a weird AI existence completely different than the one you had.
>>
>>8280694
He asked a legitimate scientific question you fucking tard

I'm curious as well, any medfags here know a possible answer?
>>
>>8283883 c >>8283019?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.