[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

global warming is a fact and we really can't do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 7703.jpg (34KB, 667x466px) Image search: [Google]
7703.jpg
34KB, 667x466px
global warming is a fact and we really can't do anything about it without fucking our lives up even more or developing miracle technologies. no solar panels will not meet our needs. i say we just ride it out, closing industry will be worse sooner than the effects of global warming. in either event we're fucked but allowing industry to work delays the inevitable.nwhat environmentalists want will just make things shitty sooner.
>>
>>8280415
>just ride it out
Thanks for your input, we'll make sure it gets brought up at the next meeting.
>>
why not send all the heat to space ? ;)
>>
>global warming
>this summer is cooler than last year's
checkmate OP
>>
>>8280418
you know i'm right. closing down industry will just throw us into squalor immediately. i'd much rather delay the squalor, not only because it's our only chance at developing these miracle agw reversing technologies if that's even possible.
>>
>>8280415
>global warming is a fact

You don't understand the debate. It's a fact, it's just a question of how much humans are influencing it. The answer is not that much.

Over 1/3 of all the CO2 man has ever emitted has been emitted since 1997. An utterly massive dump of "primary climate forcing" and satellite measurements show no change in global temperature since that year. And its effects are supposed to be fairly immediate, with lagging effects somewhat reduced.

Climate scientists should be failing to reject the null hypothesis and going back to the drawing board. But, of course, that's the problem. They're not scientists. There's no control Earth.

The hysteria reached a fever pitch in 2007 and now, every year, fewer people care. This movement is experiencing its long, slow but well-deserved death.
>>
File: 1405365629288.jpg (118KB, 460x275px) Image search: [Google]
1405365629288.jpg
118KB, 460x275px
>>8280415

when you start preaching your science it is no longer science.
>>
File: tumblr_nbnxqo1D4m1tq9bh9o1_250.png (40KB, 250x154px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbnxqo1D4m1tq9bh9o1_250.png
40KB, 250x154px
It's a shame that there's no natural, inexpensive way to somehow 'sink' atmospheric carbon by using it to grow solid matter.
>>
>>8280629
As I understand it just growing plants isn't really a solution. Sure it will temporarily remove atmospheric carbon, but it won't have a lasting effect. What we really need to do is grow plants on a massive scale, then bury them underground or something to lock it away.
>>
File: crop yield consensus.jpg (305KB, 946x1374px) Image search: [Google]
crop yield consensus.jpg
305KB, 946x1374px
>>8280574
>It's a fact, it's just a question of how much humans are influencing it. The answer is not that much.
The answer is actually 80%-120%.

>satellite measurements show no change in global temperature since 1997
Seriously?
1997 was an abnormally hot year, and satellite measurements are well-known to underestimate trends. And trend still isn't zero.
Plus, if you look at any of the more recently corrected satellite data the trend is much stronger, and more in line with surface measurements (which are generally seen as more trustworthy).

>Climate scientists should be failing to reject the null hypothesis and going back to the drawing board.
When people say shit like that it always makes me suspect their understanding of the scientific method comes from primary school.
Rejecting an entire construction like AGW or evolution is EXCEPTIONALLY rare in science, and generally only happens when the foundations are found to be utterly divorced from reality. Despite what your favorite school teacher said, you don't generally "go back to the drawing board" over a single failed prediction.

>They're not scientists. There's no control Earth.
Yeah, you REALLY don't understand what science is.

>The hysteria reached a fever pitch in 2007 and now, every year, fewer people care.
Wait, you claim that increasing numbers of people are ignoring the warnings from climatologists, but then accuse them of being "religion-like" when they try and warn louder?

>>8280591
>when you start preaching your science it is no longer science.
Yes, because god forbid we ever base policy advice on actual science rather than speculation and gut feelings.

>>8280629
>It's a shame that there's no natural, inexpensive way to somehow 'sink' atmospheric carbon by using it to grow solid matter.
Growing crops and burying them would directly compete with food production. Given that AGW is probably already reducing agricultural output, that's not really feasible.
>>
File: lLxCoWM.jpg (150KB, 1280x1120px) Image search: [Google]
lLxCoWM.jpg
150KB, 1280x1120px
>humans causing global warming

What if it's caused by aliens? If they wanted to colonize this planet and eliminate it's greatest threat, and terraform it at the same time then I don't see how they could have done it any better. They've kept their presence to down to zero so it's impossible to fight back.
>>
>>8280574
Out of the 15 hottest years on record, 12-14 were in the 2000s, depending on which way you measure it. Arctic ice is melting more and more each year. The greenhouse effect predicts that more atmospheric CO2 will produce higher temperatures, a prediction which has been shown to be correct.

To more directly criticize you, you're claiming that global warming is a fact, but not caused by man.
The next sentence you say
>well, global warming isnt happening anyway
Then
>and remember all climate scientists arent scientists and the entire fields of meteorology, climatology, and geology are all completely wrong

Its like you're trying to make yourself look stupid.
>>
>>8280415
There's no magic bullet, we're not going to suddenly just come up with technologies that will solve all our climate change problems just because we focused more on industry.
>>
>>8280426
>closing down industry will just throw us into squalor immediately.
Wow good thing we're not doing that then.
>>
It was fucking hot today bros I didn't think global warming was gonna suck so bad. I need to move up north the dirty spics are making this place a living hell.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.