[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can find the best graphing calculators. I can find the cheapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: XD.png (209KB, 1175x739px) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
209KB, 1175x739px
I can find the best graphing calculators.
I can find the cheapest graphing calculators.

But I can't find the best, cheap graphing calculators.

What are the best, cheapest graphing calculators?

I am currently renting a TI-83 from my Community college but I'm transferring to Georgia Tech and I want to own my own. I only get $600 to spend at the bookstore, so I will be buying books, not calculators.
>>
>>8279051
Just use embulator
>>
>>8279060
I need something appropriate for a class room setting.
>>
>>8279051
I've got the TI Nspire CX CAS. It's bretty gud. Just don't use the touchpad cursor thing, it's pretty useless except for shifting function names around on the graphs. Buttons are faster. As with all calculators, get used to the buttons and it's a fine calculator.
>>
>>8279066
If you are going to a real uni, no one will care. Putting your phone in airplane mode and using an empanadulator should be fine with the professor.
>>
>>8279068
Great calculator, hands down.

Not cheap. Not cheap at all. Its more expensive than the TI-83
>>
Try getting a used calculator.
>>
>>8279074
If money's an issue, eBay. I just bought it new because it'd serve me well all through uni and into a job
>>
>>8279081
Every Ti-83/84 is trash below $50 on Amazon and Ebay, used.

Is there anything around $20 thats better than a fucked up TI-83?
>>
>>8279086
What is "it" ?
>>
>>8279089
The calculator I own.
>>
>>8279051
this board is 18+
>>
>>8279051
Try comsumer reports org

They test all kinds of products on there from an unbiased and scientific point of view. They'll have things rated in ways that will allow you to weigh the price and factor what is the best deal for you.
>>
>>8279103
care to share what calculator you own?
>>
>>8279116
the one between my ears
>>
>>8279069
instructor here. Definitely not ok with that. Because you could very well take it out of airplane mode. Shit, you could have the damn textbook on your phone.

Honestly, we are probably going to have to ban graphing calculators. Eventually, the chinese are going to make a smart phone that looks just like a graphing calculator.

>>8279068
Shit, we already have graphing calculators with touchscreens. The chinese could fucking do it.
>>
>>8279135
>Shit, we already have graphing calculators with touchscreens. The chinese could fucking do it.
I don't see your point. Are you hating the touchpad cursor? I don't like it either. But the calculator itself is a good one. Its display makes it very accessible but it has plenty of functions and capabilities that give it depth.
>>
>>8279051

Just get a scientific.

Casio FX 991ex Classwiz
Casio FX 115es Plus (also goes by the name "FX991es plus" overseas)
CANON F-792SGA
>>
>>8279120
#2smrt4u
>>
File: calculator.jpg (407KB, 1738x759px) Image search: [Google]
calculator.jpg
407KB, 1738x759px
>>8279087
>>Is there anything around $20

A scientific calculator + Matlab/Maple/WinPython
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.