[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we living in a simulation or are we in reality, or both?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: wa.jpg (83KB, 1600x1479px) Image search: [Google]
wa.jpg
83KB, 1600x1479px
Are we living in a simulation or are we in reality, or both?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w
If so, is free will inherently given to us by the "Creators"?
Are other dimensions are just other simulations simulated to simulate yourself?
But why are they doing that?
>>
If we live in a simulation, we are still living in reality. The only difference, this is not the highest plane of reality
>>
>>8276560
So if you imagine something, it's in reality and that makes it real? So what's the difference? It's not about the highest plane, it's about perception.
>>
>>8276539
If we are a simulation then who is to say the real entity that created the simulation isn't in a simulation to create simulations and add on infinitely.

Its stupid to think we are in a simulation to be honest because it creates infinite questions we cannot actually know.
>>
>>8276564
But when you're imagining something you are at the same time perceiving it in your minds eye. What makes something real? It's all just electrical signals in your brain.
>>
>>8276569
You're right. Asking if reality is a simulation is pointless and will get us nowhere. That's why scientists instead ask if the universe is just a three dimensional projection on a 2 dimensional universe. Some physicists are starting to think this is true because of how we describe black holes to work. At least we can attempt to answer this question using experimentation and scientific evidence rather than having a pointless philosophical conversation.
>>
>>8276578
Yup. I wish 4chan has philosophy board
>>
>>8276578
No, according to Elon musk there are 3 things that would happen
1) Humans go extinct
2) Humans choose not to run simulations
3) We're living in a simulation
He assumed that it's improbable for us to be able to be here that we are probably in a simulation
>>
>>8276539
Who the fuck is this blocky faggot?
>>
>>8276610
>spaceX
>private spaceship company CEO
>>
>>8276616
no i mean the block dude. The guy with the glasses

Thought now that you mention it I'm confused about why it matters that Elon Musk buys the simulation argument. I mean, he's not a physicist or anything like that.
>>
>>8276603
>He assumed that it's improbable for us to be able to be here that we are probably in a simulation
Like in Matrix? Our bodies are in other place and this reality is just a simulation whenre our mind is living?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.