[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me something about life which most people find acceptable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: d.png (189KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
189KB, 500x343px
Tell me something about life which most people find acceptable that you find unacceptable - and which can be changed by scientific and technological endeavour?
>>
The taboo against incest.
>>
>>8275413

What scientific / technological endeavour do you propose would change that?
>>
>>8275421
Probably designer babies that will take care of any genetic issues with an incest baby.

As for my suggestion, I'm hoping that any sort of accessible travel within the solar system along with colony technology will allow people to set up their own experimental societies far away from the overbearing forces of mainstream society. Something like all those weird christian charter townships in early america.
>>
>something you find unacceptable that you find unacceptable

The fact that I haven no friends

>scientific and technological endeavor

A friend robot.
>>
>>8275451

It's 'something which most people find acceptable that you find unacceptable' m8
>>
>>8275455
Yeah I mistyped. Probably my brain is rotting because I have no social interaction outside work.

But yeah, that's something other people are cool with that I am not cool with.
>>
>>8275458

Would a friend robot be a true friend?

Is it real friendship if it's programmed to be your friend?

If it's not programmed to be your friend and it has to choose to be your friend, what makes you think the robot will want to be your friend?
>>
That most powerplants need so many steps of transforming energy before it gets usable.
>>
>>8275462
no different than joining a fraternity
>>
>>8275507

Does anyone actually do that, or is it just something from movies?

I'm from the UK and nothing even vaguely like them exists here.
>>
File: hoki.jpg (5KB, 400x113px) Image search: [Google]
hoki.jpg
5KB, 400x113px
developed nations still engage in destructive fishing practices while whingeing that catch rates are declining but failing to calculate a mass sustainable yield
>>
>>8275585

Would it be possible for us to massively increase the supply of fish?
>>
>>8275455
Most people find it acceptable that a social pariah has no friends.
>>
>>8275588
Yeah through open ocean fish farming.
>>
>>8275408
dying?
>>
>>8275515
American here. Frats are a huge part of college life here and it's exactly like it is in the movies. Maybe that's why you don't have to pay for colleges over there, because they aren't any fun.
>>
>>8275797
How the fuck do we fix this shit?
>>
>>8275413
Wish for fuck your own mother is bad, anon
>>
>>8276095
because ?
>>
>>8276092
become captain america
>>
>>8276105
Genetic altercations? Cryogenics? Radical Life Extension? or all three?

Because we are technically working on all three right now.
>>
>>8275797
this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.