[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long March 2D launches world’s first quantum communications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-08-14-225741-350x244.jpg (12KB, 350x244px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-14-225741-350x244.jpg
12KB, 350x244px
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2016/08/long-march-2d-quantum-communications-satellite/

>The Chinese have launched the first satellite that can achieve quantum communications between space and Earth. The launch of the Quantum Science Satellite – called Micius – took place at 17:40 UTC on Monday using a Long March-2D (Chang Zheng-2D) launch vehicle from the 603 Launch Pad of the LC43 complex at the Jiuquan space center.

>The new satellite is dedicated to quantum science experiments. The Quantum Space Satellite, (or Quantum Experiments at Space Scale) will test the phenomena of quantum entanglement.

>Operated by the China Academy of Sciences, this 500 kg satellite – announced as the name “Micius” in honor of a fifth century Chinese scientist – contains a quantum key communicator, quantum entanglement emitter, entanglement source, processing unit, and a laser communicator.

>QUESS will relay transmissions between two ground stations (one in China, and the other in Europe) transmitting quantum keys.

>During the mission, Chinese scientists will implement a series of science missions between the satellite and quantum communication ground stations.

>QSS will operate on a Sun-synchronous circular orbit with an altitude of 600 km.

>One of the major objectives of the mission is to set a Quantum Key Distribution from satellite to ground, setting an ultra-long-range quantum channel between ground and satellite with the assistance of high-precision acquisition, tracking and pointing system, implement a quantum key distribution between the satellite and the ground stations, and carry out unconditional secure quantum communication experiments.

HUMANITY FUCK YES

WE QUANTUM NOW
>>
>The new satellite is dedicated to quantum science experiments.
What a waste
>>
>>8273421
>ching chong ding dong
>>
>>8273472
>ching QUANTUM chong ding dong dang chong jin kung don QUANTUM wu zhou dang QUANTUM

ftfy
>>
>>8273490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXP8NMkRDm4
>>
In the US we spend our money on cultural outreach, Muslim outreach, and other progressive failed programs. Not enough money for science
>>
File: 650x366.jpg (56KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
650x366.jpg
56KB, 650x366px
>>8273511
can some chinese anon translate maybe? c:

seems like china will enter the next stage of humanity before all others
>>
>>8273490
>>8273677
>ching QUANTUM chong ding dong dang chong jin kung don QUANTUM wu zhou dang QUANTUM

Researcher in charge:

"ching LIANGZI chong ding dong dang chong jin kung don LIANGZI wu zhou dang LIANGZI"

TL Note: LIANGZI means QUANTUM
>>
>>8273677
>>8273677
the chinese smart af
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhYLLu_Px5Y

The launch.
>>
>>8273421
I devour the five lands and drain the three seas, yet only the sky is impossible to reach. With this body lacking wings, hands, or legs. I am the World Serpent. My name is Jormungand.

*cue everything falling out of the sky*
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.