[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39 RMUzCjiU Can someone e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-DPLE.jpg (11KB, 220x155px) Image search: [Google]
220px-DPLE.jpg
11KB, 220x155px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39RMUzCjiU

Can someone explain to me how a double pendulum doesn't debunk predictive physics ? It's just two pieces of metal and a joint yet the movement is completely chaotic and undefinable mathematically !

I think it's high time we really start reconsidering how much faith we can place in the concept of a stable ordered reality whenever something like this exists.
>>
If I flip a coin and you can't predict which side is gonna fall up, does that mean that it's indeterministic or that you're just a brainlet with a small dick who is incapable of calculating physical simulation with all the variables ?
>>
>>8271258
This is a contained energy equation system where as a coin is an open variable platform. That science cannot even predict something as basic as the pendulum with all the advanced computer modeling available to us shows that at the very basic fundamental level they have failed us.
>>
>>8271266
>contained energy equation system
Please list all the variables taken into account and show me how each of them were calculated
>>
>>8271247
Undefinable mathematically? You don't understand what chaotic behavior is. It's completely mathematically deterministic, but small changes in initial conditions produce large changes in outcome. This makes it impractical to predict the behavior from the initial conditions without directly computing it. A double pendulum is easy to model and you can find simulations all over the internet.
>>
>>8271277
Holly truth, I can see there is inteligence on the internet atleast, unfortunatelly no snowboard halls.
>>
>>8271277
Exactly what I was going to say. Chaotic != non-deterministic
>>
>>8271266
>hat science cannot even predict something as basic as the pendulum with all the advanced computer modeling available to us shows that at the very basic fundamental level they have failed us.
It can, given infinite precision on the initial coordinates. The system can be rigourously shown that it exhibits sensitivity to initial coordinates. The equadiffs governing the pendulum's motions can also be solved numerically ; they're not even that complicated. There just isn't an analytical solutions obviously.

> I think it's high time we really start reconsidering how much faith we can place in the concept of a stable ordered reality whenever something like this exists.
I think it's high time you finish high school
>>
The motion is predictable, the action is too complicated to work by hand after so much time has passed. Also, doesnt the range of error increase exponentially?
>>
>>8271247
we can predict it, its just cumbersome to do so. something something machine epsilon.
>>
>>8271306
It has nothing to do with machine epsilon.
>>
>>8271294

Probably
the range of error does increase exponentially

what that means is that it can be expressed mathematically, but a small force at the beginning of the simulation has a bigger effect on what the system does at a later time, so you would need a very precise number that would take a long time to calculate
>>
>>8271280
>Chaotic != non-deterministic

This is completely contradictory
>>
>>8271347
>has obviously never written a computer simulation of a chaotic system
>>
>>8271347
>He thinks deterministic means predictable
>>
>>8271320
Exactly. Its why OP is wrong. The issue isn't our ability to predict the action of a double pendulum, the issue is our capability of gathering precise enough information without the error running wild over a short period of time.
>>
>>8271347
i don't see how it's contradictory
>>
>>8271347
HUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>Chaos theory is the field of study in mathematics that studies the behavior of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions—a response popularly referred to as the butterfly effect.[1] Small differences in initial conditions (such as those due to rounding errors in numerical computation) yield widely diverging outcomes for such dynamical systems, rendering long-term prediction impossible in general.[2] This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future behavior is fully determined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved.[3] In other words, the deterministic nature of these systems does not make them predictable.[4][5] This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos. The theory was summarized by Edward Lorenz as:[6]

>Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.
>>
You'd have the measure the time that it takes for the same standard pendulum to come to a full halt. It should be relatively the same as the double pendulum.
>>
>>8271247
>chaotic
>undefinable mathematically
Nice bait retard
>>
>>8271362
another cs fag thinks he knows a thing
>>
Bumping this
>>
>>8272662

for what purpose
>>
>>8271247
chaotic ≠ arbitrary
A double pendulum doesn't do whatever the fuck it wants. It's a definable system.
>>
>>8271247
>yet the movement is completely chaotic and undefinable mathematically
>>
>>8271247
>quantum means magic
>chaotic means undefinable
>singularity means unknown
you people need to fuck off
>>
>>8271247
>undefinable mathematically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXf95_EKS6E
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.