[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does watching videos on an electronic display damage your eyesight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1471041259901.jpg (20KB, 450x330px) Image search: [Google]
1471041259901.jpg
20KB, 450x330px
Does watching videos on an electronic display damage your eyesight?
By that I mean, does it mess with your brain's ability to focus your eyes?

Many videos and images are low-quality, the clarity of areas of an image are not dependent upon our eyes because the entire display is pretty much the same distance from our eyes. As far as I know, avoiding any attempts at automatic focus/adjustment when viewing artificial depth of field effects has had no place in our evolution/development.

I suppose the same thing will work for any photo editing, digital art, or even video games?
>>
File: 1469868501501.jpg (37KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
1469868501501.jpg
37KB, 500x581px
>>8271103
my mom always said that I get square eyes from all the screen glaring, I lold back then.

now I can't focus on faces in a distance ortho my optician said I dont have an impairment.

Id say its the resolution of the hardware damaging not the resolution of the displayed content

fuck
>>
>>8271122
I think the glare was always a red herring but my point here isn't so much about resolution as the human eye not being adapted to simply letting content be out of focus.

By resolution do you mean a low pixel density? My thoughts were that this only exacerbated the problem but wasn't necessarily the root of it.

I would imagine this would be more of a problem when you have a moving image (like a video or game) compared to a still image.

Please do correct me if I am mistaken.
>>
In evolution of some brain centre it can have some meaning...
>>
>>8271103
I feels like it, but I'm not sure.

I'm 23 and I have slight astigmatism. I have no way of knowing if it's related to spending half of my life starting at (bad) computer screens.

I guess the muscles designed to focus could suffer from issues and maybe the lens could deform slightly. But I'm just guessing.
>>
>>8271138
good point, I fear it might be both
>>
>>8271103

Compared to the sun I don't think screens are bad
>>
>>8272079

Compared to Eta Carinae, I dont think the sun is bad
>>
>>8272092

sorry I don't speak spanish
>>
>>8272112
you're not funny faggot stop trying to be.
>>
>>8271103
woah dude is that like a tube of eggs? are those real eggs? How'd they do that?

Did they like separate the yolks from the whites and then like extrude them through a tube? Fuck I gotta know.
>>
>>8272409
i think thats exactly how they do that lol
>>
>>8272120

(you)
>>
>>8272409
>Did they like separate the yolks from the whites and then like extrude them through a tube
Yes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.