[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with cognitive limitations? Is it even possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: images.png (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 205x246px
How do you cope with cognitive limitations?

Is it even possible to get a PhD in a STEM field with a 100 IQ?
>>
>>8269840
Tortoise and the hare.

Be that tortoise that worked his ass off when the hare was laying back being a cocky little shit. It goes far in the eyes of professors and employers.
>>
>>8269848
inb4 hare decides to one day give a shit and surpasses the tortoise in a fraction of the time

life just isnt fair and all the "try your best" feel-goodery in the world wont change it
>>
I don't even bother trying because it would be pointless.
>>
File: Jeb-Bush2.jpg (58KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jeb-Bush2.jpg
58KB, 662x800px
>>8269848
Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>tfw consistently score 90 on iq tests and all of your ancestors on both sides were illiterate shit kicking peasants

Feels genetic man
>>
>>8269840
IQ measures developed skills, not native intelligence. Your IQ is not a cognitive limitation. Your lifestyle is, and the IQ is just a fuzzy metric that describes how well your lifestyle has developed your cognitive skills so far.
>>
File: octaves of the sun.jpg (63KB, 750x382px) Image search: [Google]
octaves of the sun.jpg
63KB, 750x382px
>>8269877
how many octaves of the sun are you attuned with today?
>>
>>8269860
Never said it was fair. It's just that you won't make it in any field just by being smart and waving your dick around about it unless your institution is shit. A resume is what makes it. Work builds accomplishments, and accomplishments make the resume. "Oh, my IQ is 300 thousand million" doesn't mean jack shit to a graduate degree program. Show some published research, some work experience, a demonstration of your competence, then you have something to talk about.
>>
>>8269883
He's completely right though. You are a moron.
Did you get suckered into paying up MENSA to buy a bit of much needed (but unfounded) self esteem?
>>
File: da.jpg (122KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
da.jpg
122KB, 602x655px
>>8269888
... that doesn't feel good at all
>>
>>8269877
this is absolutely correct.

if you think that an iq test measures innate intelligence, then you have far too much faith in the social sciences and a god awfully low self-esteem to identify with whatever you scored.
that said, i imagine its comforting to think that you are objectively judged to be better than some percentage of the population... but not for long: the implicit conclusion being that your most valuable or most defining characteristic is one predicated upon luck or
>>8269883
>octaves of the sun
to conclude that iq is not predicated upon lifestyle is not only ludicrous, but un-empowering.

>>8269870
well, perhaps that 90 iq cant reason that it is likely more cultural than genetic seeing as literacy is not innate like spatial awareness or language.
>>
IQ doesn't exist

Euler was told he was retarded as a kid, and didn't do anything impressive until he was 40
>>
>>8269870
>mfw 135 iq
Feels good man.
>>
>>8269870
>tfw both parents kinda dumb
>tfw i could do math above their level at around 12
>>
>>8269923
eh... most older people cant do math unless their careers depend on it
>>
>>8269860

lol you are so self-defeatist, how will you ever accomplish anything if you think from the beginning that you can't do as much as someone else?
>>
>>8269840
Stop thinking of intelligence as a fixed constant.

Congratulations, you've taken your first step towards not being retarded. Now you can use insight and metacognition to develop better ways of thinking and patch around intrinsic weaknesses.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.