[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone with an IQ above 130 take infinities seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (16KB, 378x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 378x389px
How can anyone with an IQ above 130 take infinities seriously? Ever since my first undergrad math class I realised that any use of "infinity" in mathematics is logically incoherent. Any use of infinity constantly comes to absurd conclusions like 1+2+3... = -1/12. Seriously when are mathematicians going to stop falling for the infinity meme?
>>
Come back after you finish calculus.
>>
Dumb sharkposter
>>
>>8269732
loooooooooool
t. mathematician
>>
Infinity isn't real
>>
File: green pill IQ.jpg (12KB, 380x132px) Image search: [Google]
green pill IQ.jpg
12KB, 380x132px
>130

yeah... Get out, archon brainlet. Mathematics is the domain of the enlightened.
>>
>>8269732
>what is riemann zeta function
>>
>>8269732
The "conclusion" that the naturals sum to -1/12 is not a literal truth of infinite sums. All mathematicians agree that in the usual sense of summation, [math]\displaystyle\sum_{n=1}^\infty n[/math] is a divergent series and hence cannot have a meaningful value assigned to it via a limit of partial sums. (Which is the intuitive sense in which a human usually means or interprets an infinite sum.)

In this particular case, there is an alternative scheme of assigning values to the class of infinite series [math]\displaystyle\sum_{n=1}^\infty n^a[/math] for most complex values of [math]a[/math] (namely the value of the analytic continuation of Riemann's zeta function at [math]-a[/math] if it exists) which:

1. agrees with the convergent-series-get-their-value assignment scheme, and
2. has useful number-theoretic properties.

It is fallacious to take a result from mathematics out of context. Of fucking course you are liable to come to ridiculous conclusions about something if you start your reasoning with a falsehood.
>>
>>8270049
tfw i love conspiracy theories and paranormal talk radio
>>
>>8270049
Wow its almost like you dont understand what you are saying or reading.

According to your graphic anything above 130 is enlightened, and thats what he said.

IQ>130 doesn't include 130.

Go back to your coloring books.
>>
File: 1464420319975.png (6KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
1464420319975.png
6KB, 448x357px
>>8270035
neither is i
>>
>>8270035
No shit, its why its so useful
>>
>I misused some operators
>therefore infinity is fake
I sure hope this is an troll
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.