[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when we die all our knowledge will be useless >Most of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Lord-Byron-007.jpg (33KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Lord-Byron-007.jpg
33KB, 460x276px
>when we die all our knowledge will be useless
>Most of /sci/ is going to spend at least 1/4 of their lives trying to get a job that will do nothing substantial

Doesn't this scare you guys? I'm tempted to just hop on the finance train and get a nice cozy job.
>>
>>8269221
>when we die all our money will be useless
>>
>>8269248
not the point. I'd rather live having money to have fun while living than to spend my life slaving away
>>
>>8269285
then do it
>to each their own
>>
>>8269221
When you die your memory and money will quickly fade away. My published work is immortal.
>>
>>8269221
>muh knowledge
>muh scientific progress
>muh utility

Fuck off and be happy and then die.
>>
>>8269221
that's why the only sensible thing is to do your good deeds and get a ticket to heaven

if it does exist, you go to heaven

if it doesnt exist, you become nothing but at least you enriched the lives of others

win win
>>
File: 1458085915480.png (19KB, 750x743px) Image search: [Google]
1458085915480.png
19KB, 750x743px
>>8269425
doing this WHILE experiencing a lot in anything >learning a lot, scientific progress, wife and kids (why not), beeing happy.

the next thing I want to learn is weaponry and be able to defend myself. also become more confident. grow some muscles. parachute jump, discover all my fetishes...

>>8269413
but what if I'm happy doing these thing ? it's pointless in the end; and i'm not talking about entropy; so why not ?
>>
having fun makes time go faster

if i do something boring, time goes slower
>>
>>8269384
As long as human society thrives. Once we're all gone, so are your shitty works. you whore.
>>
>>8270051
That's the relativity theory isn't it
>>
>>8269248
Money can be inherited.
>>
>>8269285

Then switch to finance. I would rather work in a field I find interesting than finance. I would probably be OK at it, since my parents are both successful economists, but it is just not that interesting to me.
>>
Not that anyone on sci wants my blog post but,

I was accepted to Cornell last year, and was set on going into physics. All my high school career I was positive that was going to be my dream. Ended up switching to economics and got a nice, well paying job working for a good business. I can now have all the time j want to do the things I've always wanted to do. Thank god, I couldn't sit at a cubicle as a physicist

>people actually want to go to school for 10 for a degree that won't even make them happy
>>
File: 1405471098655.gif (1024KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1405471098655.gif
1024KB, 184x141px
>>8269221
think of knowledge as something humanity shares. your just a vessel transferring it to the next generation. your thinking of it in nu-male millennial terms and internalizing something that is common use. the laws of physics and our knowledge of it wont mysteriously fade when you die.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.