[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the big bang started the universe, what happened before the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1456495903640-b.jpg (21KB, 480x530px) Image search: [Google]
1456495903640-b.jpg
21KB, 480x530px
If the big bang started the universe, what happened before the big bang? Who or what caused the big bang?
>>
File: 220px-AUFN_LawrenceKrauss[1].jpg (22KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
220px-AUFN_LawrenceKrauss[1].jpg
22KB, 220x333px
Read this.
>>
>>8265527
>afterword by Richard Dawkins
lol
>>
The simple answer is Intelligence.
>>
We might decide that there wasn't any singularity. The point is that the raw material doesn't really have to come from anywhere. When you have strong gravitational fields, they can create matter. It may be that there aren't really any quantities which are constant in time in the universe. The quantity of matter is not constant, because matter can be created or destroyed. But we might say that the energy of the universe would be constant, because when you create matter, you need to use energy. And in a sense the energy of the universe is constant; it is a constant whose value is zero. The positive energy of the matter is exactly balanced by the negative energy of the gravitational field. So the universe can start off with zero energy and still create matter. Obviously, the universe starts off at a certain time. Now you can ask: what sets the universe off. There doesn't really have to be any beginning to the universe. It might be that space and time together are like the surface of the Earth, but with two more dimensions, with degrees of latitude playing the role of time.
>>
>>8265566
>create matter
Like shit from my ass?
anon my shit just changed form. it stemmed from something; didn't just appear from nothing.
>>
>>8265656
Your options are it either appeared from nothing just like that which is absurd or it always existed since forever without an initial cause which is also absurd.
>>
>>8265658
>or it always existed since forever without an initial cause which is also absurd.

Just because something feels absurd doesn't mean that it is absurd.
>>
>>8265662
Then why do you find the creation of material absurd ?
>>
>>8265524
this potato thread appears every single fucking dad on sci
TIME DID NOT EXIST BEFORE THE BIG BANG
It's been proven time and time again that space and time are related. If there is no movement of space, there is no time. Now go!
>>
>>8265527
No. Do not do this. Krauss is a memscientist and you will not learn about anything asides from how he made bank from peddling popscience.
>>
>>8265664
That was my first post, but why would an imperfect language somehow rule out the possibility that "creation" isn't a real thing (implying flux or something I guess), why not just say what is is, and what was was?
>>
>>8265668
I think you meant "proven space-time and space-time again"
>>
>>8265674
Because it doesn't make sense. How can something explode out of nothing for no reason ?

Infinite existence makes more sense.
>>
>>8265683
Can nothing come from something?

Or has there always been something?
>>
>>8265685
there have always been something
>>
>>8265685
Probably there was always time and quantum mechanics - and given huge amount of time matter just came to be.
>>
>>8265673
fk off, meme-monkey
>>
>>8265668
if you cant answer the question, stfu and dont reply
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.