[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the justification for calling Euclid the "Father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: aaaaaa.jpg (199KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
199KB, 900x750px
The Proof is in the monuments found in the Ancient World (I.E. Egypt) that predate Euclid.

You can not build pyramids without knowledge of basic Geometry. Those pyramids predate Euclid by 1,000s of years. Thus the formula for building them must have been known as well.

Euclid was a student of The Father's that created Geometry. To call him a father of Geometry would be to undermind the Babylonians, Egyptians, Nubians that he learned from.

Further more, the Egyptians used the right angle law (misnomer: Pythagoras theorem) to redistribute land after the Nile flooded every year.

Research the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus. Research Euclidean Space as it relates to All.
>>
Further more, the Axioms that Euclid so candidly expounded on are rooted in the Axioms of Thoth.

Cartesian Coordinates is nothing more but a postulate founded on the Axiom of Correspondence.

The Dot in the Center of Euclidean space represents the axiom of growth from absolute nothingness, into a duality called polarity...
>>
>>8264760
according to a Russian engineer at my uni, Euclid did not write Elements, he stole them from either Egyptian or Babylonian priest and published them.

I have noticed that Russians tend to give more credit to Babylonians and Egyptians than is normal in the U.S. The same engineer also said that Pythagoras learned math from his travels to the middle east.
>>
>>8264787

did he show you any proof or sources?
>>
>>8264797
no but he did show me his penis
>>
The methods of proof and the deductive system is still basically what we use today.
>>
creating a geometric structure is not the same as "proving" something...

There is no evidence that cultures before Greece were using an axiomatic and proof based geometry system
>>
>>8264760
Why do all cranks type like this?

Every sentence is its own paragraph.

This immediately tells everyone I am a crank.
>>
>>8264760
The thing is, he was the first to actually write all this shit down in one place.

The Pythagorean theorem is obviously much older than Pythagoras himself. But still nobody suggests calling it the "Some caveman from Russia Theorem."
>>
>>8264760
He provided rigorous (for the time) proofs of a lot of things that had until then just been things that people knew worked experimentally.
>>
>>8264760
>we wuz mathematicians n sheeit
>>
bull crap op
>>
>>8264760
Because he was the first to right any extant and comprehensive text on geometry. Sure the Egyptians knew about the Pythagorean theorem, but had they [math] proven [/math] it to be true? Presumably they knew that triangles had [math] 180 ^{ \circ } [/math] but had they [math] proven [/math] it to be true? Euclid did, that's why he's the father of geometry.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.