[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any memes aside, why is that autism seem to disproportionately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Autism.jpg (962KB, 1851x1851px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
962KB, 1851x1851px
Any memes aside, why is that autism seem to disproportionately affect young males? Even though Autism is a disease that infects people for their whole entire life, every single news story, article, or psychology profile seems to describe autism within a paradigm of children and young adults. The oldest Autistic person I've seen displayed in any piece of media about autism was in his early 30s. Look up "Autism" on google and you have pictures of children and articles dedicated for handling autism in children (pic related.) Look up Autism on youtube and every single result depicts a child or a young man. PBS just did a story tonight featuring Autistic children and young adults, but why does there seem not to be any elderly or middle aged autistic people? Did something happen in the late 70s, 80s, 90s, and today that caused increased rates of Autism in comparison to previous decades? Why does there not seem to be any historical record of autism? Why is autism a disease that affects almost always males? Could it have been a change in our food or our air or our water that caused this? Autism seems to be genetic, but if that's so, why has it only appeared in recent times?
>>
>>8262668
Isn't male IQ more spread out on the bell curve than female's? Perhaps female are stabler and less prone to that autism thing.. dunno
>>
>>8262672
>Isn't male IQ more spread out on the bell curve than female's?
not according to recent studies

that hypothesis was shut down
>>
>>8262680
Source please?
>>
>>8262680
Cite it fag
>>
>>8262701
nah, i am not going to google it

a romanian study with sample size 15000
>>
>>8262707
>>8262701
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616301003
>>
>>8262668
Lack of a proper father figure. The more nu-males there are the more autistic faggots there will be.
>>
80% of women with autism don't get diagnosed because ...
>it seems autism disproportionately affect young males
>>
>>8262722
>80% of women with autism don't get diagnosed because ...
We know they're crazy enough as it is.
>>
>>8262680
If it has been disproven then how does it explain that men are smarter and dumber while women are all those things he said>>8262672?
>>
>>8262719
You shouldn't blame autism on such a theory.
>>
Old people aren't autistic, they're "freaks".
Woman aren't autistic, they're "quirky".
>>
You should be asking "why are young males disproportionately diagnosed with autism" and you're probably really curious about aspergers.

Next time someone says "I'm so ocd" you could be a sperg and tell them that what they really mean is that they're "so ocpd" which is an "autism spectrum" personality disorder. This shit is fucking retarded mods should shut this thread down.
>>
>>8262899
Oh the irony.
>>
>>8262910
That was the point you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1466974591911.gif (2MB, 283x313px) Image search: [Google]
1466974591911.gif
2MB, 283x313px
>>8262911
>>
>>8262915
Like if couldn't have been more obvious anon just respond to the content instead of feeling inferior next time
>>
Cause ADHD isn't real, it's called being tired

https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/4vy603/78_of_the_children_in_a_study_who_had_adhd_as_a/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.