[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it is my understanding that observation of the nearby galaxies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dave-greco-eldar-craftworld.jpg (231KB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
dave-greco-eldar-craftworld.jpg
231KB, 1500x1073px
it is my understanding that observation of the nearby galaxies led us believe that dark matter exists, since if it didn't our observation wouldn't make any sense.

so would it possible that the whole universe is filled by an enormous quantity of alien empire that harvest a good chunk of the energy produced in their galaxies and make our observations unreliable?

does the absence of dark matter prove the presence of aliens?
>>
>does the absence of dark matter prove the presence of aliens?
Yes it does. Someone give this man a nobel prize
>>
Dark matter exists

We don't know what it is

Could dark matter be aliens? Yes.
It could also be God.
>>
>>8254832
>it is my understanding that observation of the nearby galaxies led us believe that dark matter exists, since if it didn't our observation wouldn't make any sense.
Yes

>so would it possible that the whole universe is filled by an enormous quantity of alien empire that harvest a good chunk of the energy produced in their galaxies and make our observations unreliable?
Take this to /x/

>does the absence of dark matter prove the presence of aliens?
Absolutely not
>>
>>8254841
well, this is not exactly a /x/ question, this is testable . for example if we observe that every pulsar in the andromeda galaxy emits half light of what it should it means that something is harvesting that light.
>>
>>8254841
Aliens are not paranormal
>>
>>8254846
>if we observe that every pulsar in the andromeda galaxy emits half light of what it should it means that something is harvesting that light.
how do you harvest light ? what kind of universe do you live in that you can just suck the light in and use it like that ?
>>
>>8254850
with a blackhole
>>
File: 1446227807-ringworld.jpg (33KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
1446227807-ringworld.jpg
33KB, 700x350px
>>8254850
a ring world? i don't know, i'm not an alien
it was just an example of how to test it.
>>
>>8254832
what is everyone in the universe is doing this http://earthsky.org/space/use-laser-cloaking-to-hide-earth-from-aliens
and we are using wrong data?
>>
>>8254846
>this is testable

It is not testable with the pathetic amount of knowledge we have about dark matter and a huge casual leap to say the least.
>>
>>8254866
>pathetic amount of knowledge we have about dark matter
the idea came to after reading this http://phys.org/news/2016-07-world-sensitive-dark-detector.html
if looking around for for dark matter gave us nothing, maybe we should check if it is just regular matter that has been hidden.
>>
>>8254832
Any being capable of building such massive objects to harvest large quantities of light would more than likely be capable of fusion of even the heaviest elements at or near room pressure. They would not need to create such ridiculous structures to achieve their power needs as building multiple large reactors would be a much more efficient use of resources. Obviously at some point a civilization would need a large renewable energy source however I do not believe that they would resort to feeding off of stars energies without some sort of cloaking to stay under the radar of possibly more advanced beings in the universe. After all there is always someone with a bigger stick than yours.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.