[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If cell A divides into daughter cells B & C, would that mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Oxygen_molecule.png (41KB, 290x255px) Image search: [Google]
Oxygen_molecule.png
41KB, 290x255px
If cell A divides into daughter cells B & C, would that mean cell A has died?
>>
>>8254480
It has merely changed form
>>
Serious question:

Why does the answer to this question matter?
>>
you could see it like

A -> B
(and C is a byproduct of this transformation)
>>
1 becomes 2...etc...eventually becoming one again as an organism, then 1 with a 2nd and so on, leading to one population, eventually becoming the global population size.
>>
>>8254480
It means that cell A is immortal. You and I are both the same organism that first arose several billion years ago
>>
>>8254490
serious question:

Why does the answer to the question ''
Why does the answer to this question matter?'' matter?
>>
>>8254506
No, the sperm and egg method of conception creates brand new cells. We all arent clones.
>>
If nothing can be created or destroyed..., how can one cell turn into more cells?
>>
>>8254641
abiogenesis and life tho
>>
>>8254661
Stop it.
>>
>>8254683
kys

;)
>>
>>8254480
If you don't count for mutations, the original DNA of cell A is still intact in both cells. Cells B and C are basically 2 cell A's.
>>
>>8254497

This.

You could also easily just say nothing has happened to A and cell B just budded off of it. The labels are arbitrary.
>>
>>8254632
WELL PLAYED
E
L
L

P
L
A
Y
E
D
>>
>>8254632
serious question:

Why does the answer to the question ''Why does the answer to this question ''Why does the answer to this question matter?'' matter?'' matter?
>>
>>8254480
Yes.

But if cell A divides into daughter cells A & B, that means cell A is still alive.

We must also consider the case in which cell A divides into daughter cells which are each in a quantum superposition between A, B, and C until observed.

This is a rich field of study in cellular biology.
>>
>>8254659
it gets really fat and cuts itself in half, seemed to work great for your mom
>>
>>8258318
because i said so, now go to your room, no dessert
>>
>>8254632
>>8258318
I don't believe that these are serious questions.
>>
It depends on the chromosome distribution of the daughter cells.

Daughter cells inherit the originial and the copied chromosomes at random (during mitosis).

But there certainly will be times where one daughter cell inherits all of the "original" chromosomes and the other inherits the copies. In this case I would argue that cell A lives on as cell B, while budding off cell C.
>>
>>8254490
#cellslivesmatter
>>
>>8258318
>>8258862
>>8254490

Serious questions are social constructs
>>
>>8254480
If I cut a human in half, would that original human have died?

If I cut a sponge in half, would that original sponge have died?
>>
Cell A still exists, its just not discernible from the two cells formed by mitosis.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.