[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you guys feel about the poisson distribution. it really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fuck yeah.jpg (689KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
689KB, 600x401px
how do you guys feel about the poisson distribution.

it really just makes me happy for some reason
>>
>>8254375
The joke is that poisson is fish in french.
>>
File: breen.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
breen.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
fuck yeah it is
>>
>>8254375
according to the image, poisson distribution is not even a function.
>>
>>8255028
Why
>>
>>8255082
2 x values for one y value
>>
>>8255082
Definition of a function:

A relation so that for every x element of the domain of the relation there exists one and only one y element of the range of the relation such that (x,y) is an element of the relation.

That pretty much says it all. Think about why the equation for a circle is not a function either.
>>
>>8255095
Because it's curvy wurvy?
>>
>>8255097
No, a function can be as crazy looking as you want. A function doesn't even need to be a relation between numbers. There exists a function that maps my cock to your ass. It really does. Actually, infinitely many such functions exist.

It is just that if you look at the fish, more than 1 point exists in the graph for many of the points in the x axis.
>>
>>8255108
Its all based on definition. Thats it. Mathematics is just that, tons of definitions we use and combine.
>>
>>8255084
>2 y values for 1 x value
fixed that for you
>>
>>8254380
no shit
>>
>>8255028
According to this post, you are dumb.
>>
>>8254386
real human breen
>>
>>8255134
is he a real hero?
>>
>>8255113
I don't think that you understand what cockboy is saying.

He's saying you could just simply be looking at a 2D range of a function of 1 parameter. Sorry you are just a blind rote definition memorizer tho LMAO!
>>
>>8255285
>>8255095
>>8255028
GUYS THATS NOT THE GRAPH OF THE PROBABILITY MASS FUNCTION THATS A FISH

POISSON MEANS FISH

FUCK
>>
>>8254380
thanks mr. obvious
>>
>>8255383
It's the graph of the probability mass function of a fish.

Try to keep up.
>>
>>8255383
no it doesn't stupid American
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.