[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What field of biology do I do research in to make the world a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1464730709301.gif (708KB, 167x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464730709301.gif
708KB, 167x200px
What field of biology do I do research in to make the world a better place?
I'd like to work on extending human life, is the MD/PhD the route to go?

What are some oncoming advances in the field of biology?

I know a lot of people (especially here) claim biology is dumb and such but I do think that this is one of the fields that"s beginning to shape our future.
>>
>>8251817
Pharmacology, develop drugs that help extend the functionality and stability of cells.
>>
>>8251835
won't that just make me end up in a rite aid selling drugs to obese drug addicts
>>
>>8251817
Any. Pick the one you like best. They all overlap to some degree so anything you contribute in one area can still be used in others to some degree.
>>
None of them. Big pharma and improper education killed medicine.
>>
>>8251817
>extending human life
>making the world a better place

pick one
>>
clitoral circumcision
>>
>>8252066
I think the world already has this one pretty well figured out. Just go to most of the middle east and northern Africa, they can provide centuries of hard research.
>>
>>8252070
bro my last gf who i met in the united states aka not fucking bagdad or egypt or bahrain or wherever still had a clit op wants to make the world a better place maybe he can import some old world culture
>>
>>8252078
Or maybe he can work to eliminate genital cutting of either sex in the west, then lead a ruthless and bloody campaign to eradicate in the world as a whole. The body count being a small sacrifice to afford a small sliver of meaningful human change.
>>
genetics is the hot field in bio right now
>>
>>8252087
glad we're on the same page about that one then
>>
>>8252091
Anyone not on the correct page should be executed, sterilized, or put in a re-education system using LSD and ECT with non-square waves.
>>
>>8252101
it's like /pol/ away from /pol/
>>
>>8252103
Someone has to talk sense around here.
>>
>>8252107
my penis is circumcised, is urs? my parents are christian and we're european americans so my foreskin was a goner from the getgo
>>
>>8252118
No, I happened to dodge that particular bullet.

Life will always deal subpar hands occasionally, but these are some that we as a species should disallow from ever being received. Childhood obesity is another such example.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.