[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell if I'm too stupid to go into a field? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1469003278757.jpg (52KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469003278757.jpg
52KB, 480x480px
How can I tell if I'm too stupid to go into a field?
I'm going to school to study comp-sci and math in the hopes of going into machine learning someday. So far I'm doing decent in my classes and I'm good at the math but I still feel like a fucking retard all the time. I know the meme that anyone can get a degree in CS but if I'm too stupid to be engaged by the topic in any meaningful way then what's the point?
>>
>>8248789
>How can I tell if I'm too stupid to go into a field?
Ask yourself if you enjoy that field or not.

>if I'm too stupid to be engaged by the topic in any meaningful way then what's the point?
You say you want to go into machine learning, start working on literally any project related to it and build up
>>
>>8248795
you're right. It's hard to get over self-loathing though
>>
>>8248803
the smallest successes can help push back self-loathing
>>
>>
>>8248789
>>8248795
>Ask yourself if you enjoy that field or not.

This so much. Being actually interested in the material makes all of the difference.

Watch some introductory course videos for the degree you are considering on youtube. MIT has a lot of classes recorded for STEM subjects.
If listening to those courses and doing their example tasks makes you want to kill yourself, then DON'T DO THAT DEGREE. It will only get worse.
>>
>>8248789
>How can I tell if I'm too stupid to go into a field?
You're almost certainly not.
>>
>>8248837
just because its comp-sci?
>>
File: 1470352539988.jpg (208KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
1470352539988.jpg
208KB, 1032x774px
>>8248789
Every genius feels like an idiot, because intelligence is an infinite scale. Socrates died thinking he knew practically nothing. Women, which are beautiful beings, deeply hate their body on a daily baisd. Beautiful women feel like horrible monsters very easily, because beauty is (at least in their mind), an infinite dimension. Strong guys feel like limp losers very easily, because they can see the infinite potential in their activities. Unlike what you see in motivational videos, realizing that you have infinite potential at something is actually very painful, sad. It is motivational, but because it is hurtful. No matter how good you get, there will be always be a better platonic version of it. People who say otherwise are actually stuck and degenerating.

For a minimal IQ requirement, see >>8248815
>>
>>8248863
Your iq is upwards of 125
Good job there man. Seriously. Very good post. First time ive ever wrote this.
>>
>>8248789
>[I can't] be engaged by the topic in any meaningful way

If you're not interested in the subject then that's your problem. You should major in something that actually interests you.

> in the hopes of going into machine learning someday

You are never going to code an AI girlfriend. Don't go into ML if you have some absurd Hollywood illusion of what ML is or will be.
>>
>>8248909
I'm not just some asshole who watched ex machina I know what machine learning is and I'm very interested in it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.