[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to "jump" to another place in space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Is it possible to "jump" to another place in space time by bending space itself? What would happen during this trip? Would time theoretically distort?
>>
>>8246544
No.
>>
>>8246544
No.
>>
>>8246551
>>8246566
explain.
>>
>>8246579
FUCK OFF
>>8246544
no
>>
>>8246544
>>8246551
>>8246566
>>8246579
>>8246614
Yes, retards

/sci/ truly is the dumbest board
>>
>>8246544
The thing about asking questions like this is that they are so far ahead of what we currently know that asking them is asking to be ridiculed. Its all theoretical. And unlike things like black holes and dark matter, which are theoretical but we have shitloads of observable evidence regarding them, wormholes are something entirely theoretical that we have no experience with and are working out of our asses mathematically. And no, no one on this board is smart enough to answer your question in the detail you want.

The simplest answer I can give you is
Theoretically probably maybe, but it requires a lot more than we know about the curvature of space, a massive amount of energy, and probably faster than light travel at some point, and its so far outside of our experience that nothing might happen or everyone might die.
>>
>>8246645
I would say it's hardly hypothetical
>>
>>8246654
you can say it but you can't defend it with any modern understanding of general relativity due to the fact that it can't properly mesh with large amounts of mass/energy.
>>
>>8246645
Thank you. That's all that I wanted to know.
>>
It would be extremely painful
>>
What if we're living in 4d universe and simply can't perceive the extra spatial dimension. If we were able to gain access the effect would be similar to traveling through space like jumping in a wormhole.
>>
>>8246812
Then matter would behave differently then it currently does.
>>
>>8246815
what about dark matter/energy?
>>
>>8246790
for you
>>
Do we even know what causes spacetime to bend yet? And don't just day gravitons.
>>
>>8246850
night gravitons
>>
>>8246855

Twilight gravitons.

>they sparkle
>>
>>8246907
Worst meme of all time
>>
>>8246544
Yea, end up in the wall or orange if you want, ...
>>
>>8246850
Stress tensor
>>
File: alien_joke_galaxy.jpg (20KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
alien_joke_galaxy.jpg
20KB, 290x400px
>>8246544
>Is it possible to "jump"
Of course, else they would not be here.
>>
>>8246544
yes, see attached
https://youtu.be/Ln2SGm9gEuE?t=1m40s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1pSxVz-XYo
>>
they made a documentary about it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_horizon
>>
>bending space itself
What the fuck does that even mean ?
>>
>>8246823
A 4D spacial universe would cause galaxies and solar systems to form differently. These objects start as generally spherical nebula, with particles moving in all directions, and a central axis of rotation. In 3D, overtime, collisions cause the loss of angular momentum in directions perpendicular to the plane of rotation, which leads to the flat disc shape of galaxies and our own solar system. In 4D this doesn't happen, there can be 2 axis of rotation and the whole object stays a general spherical shape.

>>8246579
Let us say you create a black hole using matter entangled to another point in space. You have bent space time and created a wormhole, true. Now, you enter the black hole, expecting to exit on the other side. It never happens, because you have created a black hole. Space time is expanding inside the black hole faster than light, once you enter you can never leave.

Also, you are crushed to death by tidal forces.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.