[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When can I legally buy digital version of textbook? I feel bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: djvu-icon.png (37KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
djvu-icon.png
37KB, 256x256px
When can I legally buy digital version of textbook? I feel bad having to pirate everything I need for the uni.
>>
>>8246221
Revolution, you can download.
>>
lol Americans...
>>
just mail the author some cash
>>
>>8246221
You feel bad about the cheating the textbook industry? That's like saying you feel bad about cheating a rigged carnival game.
>>
>>8246225
yeah, that's what I am already doing..

>>8246264
I feel bad about the author, it would be nice if there was some digital publisher with honest prices
>>
what are good sites for good scanned shit anyway? I use libgen and bookz but often the quality is really low
>>
>>8246297
If your university isn't shit, then it probably has a student run intranet.

I used to go in with other physics majors splitting the cost of a book. We'd use a bandsaw and cut the spine, scan each page and convert to a pdf with notes.

You don't really have to do that now that ebooks are a thing. Just find someone in campus that already has it.
>>
>>8246235
kek
>>
>>8246581
is it that bad of an idea? same thing as bandcamp basically
>>
>>8246221
There are a handful of publishers that don't rape you and will just let you download PDFs. Very few of them seem to publish textbooks for college students though.
>>8246264
Or like saying you feel tripping a robber. (I suppose that would actually be pretty awkward)

If you really want to use the publisher's "eBook" it's usually pretty easy to rip it into a PDF with curl and image magic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.