[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He thinks he's intelligent >All he does is read articles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image_1734-Neanderthal-DNA.jpg (86KB, 580x775px) Image search: [Google]
image_1734-Neanderthal-DNA.jpg
86KB, 580x775px
>He thinks he's intelligent
>All he does is read articles and books others have made
Why aren't you out there coming up with your own discovery's
>>
>>8244521
all the low hanging fruit was picked up by newton, gauss, faraday
>>
>>8244525
How can you ever expect to pick high hanging fruit if you never even tried picking low hanging fruit?
>>
>>8244525
Is gene manipulation viable. I'd really love to be able to fly and be stronger
>>
No funding.
>>
8 hours day job 8 hours sleep, 1 hour cooking, 1 hour cleaning, 1 hour driving, 1 hour waiting.

That's 4 hours a day to do shit.
>>
File: 1469929600581.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1469929600581.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
I'm already published though
>>
File: 1426357800_alia-bhatt-selfie.jpg (67KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
1426357800_alia-bhatt-selfie.jpg
67KB, 600x802px
>>8244626
are you now? How's a frogposter like you get published
>>
>>8244521
>Why aren't you out there coming up with your own discovery's

I am. But its complicated and i'm not a genius, so it will probably take me quite awhile before anything can be published.
>>
File: vincent adultman.jpg (63KB, 497x693px) Image search: [Google]
vincent adultman.jpg
63KB, 497x693px
>>8244530
This, honestly.
I don't know if I'd call their work "low hanging fruit" but we have much much further to go, and a lot to learn, and master first before further accomplishments even become possible.

What's that quote about standing on giants' shoulders? We have a lot of people to climb up on now.
>>
>>8244539
>Is gene manipulation viable. I'd really love to be able to fly and be stronger

No. It usually doesn't work, and when it does it kills you, and even then you need a lot of funding to attempt it, and those attempts will be subject to ethics board oversights that aren't going to let you try to become Spider Man.
>>
>>8244521

I came up with two hypotheses, but it turned out somebody else had already come up with each respectively.

So, in that case I rediscovered two hypotheses.

Oh well, next time eh?
>>
>>8244610
>That's 4 hours a day to do shit.
And you waste the remainder of your time on this dump?
>>
>>8244539

I'm sure having giant wings would be cool at the start but then they would get annoying and you'd feel too lazy to fly around
>>
I'm not interested in putting the fast food meal together, I just want the toy in the kid's meal
>>
>>8244716
Yeah, not only that; but there are these fuck boys who call themselves "mathematicians" who simply play linguistic games and call it "formal/rigorous mathematics" which makes it more difficult and takes us further away from what the actual concepts are.

I think there's some quote about you not understanding stuff until you can explain it to your waitress or something. I think that's a pretty decent test to see if someone is just tossin' rote memorized definition memes at you to sound smart or if they really know what they're talking about.
>>
>you fags should write more papers

>here, have an inappropriate apostrophe
>>
>>8245440
>Yeah, not only that; but there are these fuck boys who call themselves "mathematicians" who simply play linguistic games and call it "formal/rigorous mathematics" which makes it more difficult and takes us further away from what the actual concepts are.

That's a good point. People really have little concept of what their work actually means. It's one reason for all the fragmentation nowadays.

And OP: I am, working on quantum theory of cognition currently. And no I don't mean that Penrose stuff about how our brains are quantum computers; it's about information, choice, subjectivity, and objectivity and how they relate. A theory of everything, basically.
>>
>>8244521
>>8244530
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?
>>
>>8244521
intelligence is definitely correlated to discoveries. Learning other peoples discoveries make you more intelligent because logically you are actually learning. And discovery is the fruit of learning.

For one to become an explorer he must necessarily detach from the comfort zone and think beyond everything else. If there's no objective way to verify a theory then it means theres more to discover about it. And so on...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.