[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I put a portable AC unit with an 8,000 BTU/h rating in a somewhat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

If I put a portable AC unit with an 8,000 BTU/h rating in a somewhat poorly insulated room of about 80 square feet with a window facing the south, about how long would I need it to run to change the temperature of the room from 75 degrees Fahrenheit to 68? The temperature outside usually has a low of 70 and a high of 90.

I'm trying to figure out how much it'd cost to run this unit over the hotter months, and what time I should set the timer for so that I only have the room cooled down to when I get home from work.

Any help pointing me in the right direction or answer would be appreciated.
>>
>>>/sci/
>>
>>8240177
?
>>
>>8240146

This depends on exactly how well insulated the room is, the wind speed outside, temp outside, the age of your air conditioner, cost of electricity, etc...

This is a hugely complicated problem, not because it is hard, but because there are so many factors. Mind you they are factors that can halve or double your cost.

So do like the rest of us and just log your electricity bills, because it is extremely far from practical to calculate.
>>
>>8240238
I was just looking for a guess on how long it'd take to cool my room so I could set the timer on a newer AC unit for an optimal time to get home to a cool room.

I guess it would just be best to guess and see what I get after a few tries, right?
>>
>>8240242
Yes, the problem is sincerely too complicated to put on paper. I mean you could but it would take hours. And any simplification of the problem would be an incredibly rough guess.

You are best off trying your own experiments and log everything. That will be the easiest and most reliable way to learn what you want.
>>
>>8240245
Alright, I appreciate the advice. Thank you very much.
>>
>>8240146
I used to use these, will probably take you about 3 hours depending on the humidity and how much other airflow there is in the room
>>
>>8240259

Combine it with a fan and it would take less than 30 minutes to reach a comfortable temperature.
>>
File: 1463354829342.jpg (12KB, 153x225px) Image search: [Google]
1463354829342.jpg
12KB, 153x225px
>>8240146
>BTU
>>
>>8240593
That's the rating system ACs use m80
>>
>>8240146
this question cant be answered without doing a CFD simulation
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.