[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we measure anything that cannot be defined in terms of time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Can we measure anything that cannot be defined in terms of time, distance, quantity, or direction?
>>
>>8234975
mass?
>>
>>8234985
I was under the impression that counting all of the particles something was made of would give the mass.
>>
File: goofy.png (89KB, 283x222px) Image search: [Google]
goofy.png
89KB, 283x222px
Complexity, entropy, curvature, radiation, resistance, viscosity, etc.
>>
>>8235012
Complexity and entropy aren't really objective measurements, as far as I am aware.
Curvature can be defined using distance and direction.
Not sure which aspect of radiation you are referring to, but I believe it can be defined in terms of quantity and distance.
What kind of resistance are you talking about?
Viscosity can be defined in terms of distance and time.
>>
>>8234987
That would give the number of particles.
Amusingly if you count the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons in an atom and calculated the mass from the standard masses of those particles. You will always arrive at a figure greater than the actual mass of the atom.
>>
>>8235036
Measuring the P N E was what I was talking about, do we know why that doesn't work?
>>
>>8234985
>>8234987
>>8235036
ITT: OP learns about nuclear power
>>
>>8234975
Yes, you can measure intensity.
>>
>>8235034
>Complexity and entropy aren't really objective measurements, as far as I am aware.
Abstract is the word you're looking for, not objective.

>Curvature can be defined using distance and direction.
What about 7D curvature?

>Not sure which aspect of radiation you are referring to, but I believe it can be defined in terms of quantity and distance.
How do you integrate randomness into that definition?

>What kind of resistance are you talking about?
Electrical.

>Viscosity can be defined in terms of distance and time.
Wrong because you need knowledge of chemistry.
>>
>>8235049
Nuclear binding energy.
I.e why nuclear reactors work.
>>
>>8234975
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_base_unit
Most units that we can measure are made out of these base.

So the answer to your question is yes.
You can measure things like ampere which is not defined in any of your terms.
>>
>>8235259
Amp is quantity of charge over time.

OP is missing mass, charge, color (strong nuclear) and other fundamental quantities like hypercharge. Those with what he listed is indeed all observables
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.