[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to lecture at university next year, what kind of behaviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: anal.png (46KB, 1161x512px) Image search: [Google]
anal.png
46KB, 1161x512px
I am going to lecture at university next year, what kind of behaviour should I have? I wish I could foster a anarchist hierarchy, but I am not that free
>>
>>8234050
>python

You should go up to the lecture hall, pull out a shotgun and kill yourself in front of your students.
>>
>>8234054
Go back to /g/ this board is for scientists only
>>
>>8234054
I learned python this year, for a class I took. Yeap, there are a lot of retarded things in it, but the libraries were really helpful.
>>
File: kool aid man - drink up queer.jpg (21KB, 292x306px) Image search: [Google]
kool aid man - drink up queer.jpg
21KB, 292x306px
>>8234050
>Find the smartest person in the class and think up ways of making them look dumb.
>Show up drunk.
>Only work really simple examples but do them in complex pathological ways.
>Pretend to get confused partway through examples and just leave them unfinished.
>Do a lecture where you start at the end and slowly work your way to the beginning, like that episode of Seinfeld.
>Get a boombox with a laugh track cassette tape in it and play it whenever you make a joke. Later on in the semester start playing it randomly after you ask the class a question. They will not know if you're joking or not but they'll feel dumb for not getting it either way.
>Make students work through examples in class and then walk around and judge them. If anyone gets stuck act really surprised about it.
>Find the dumbest person in class and always call on them whenever there's a hard question that no one wants to answer. If they ever manage to guess correctly you should act visibly upset. Keep calling on them after they've dropped the class and look around the class awkwardly. Afterwards return to whatever you were working on without saying anything or having the question answered.
>Tell people to come to your office hours, but once at your office hours just tell them to use google or wolfram alpha.
>Grade papers in front of them while scowling, shaking your head, and making grunting noises.
>Spend an entire class period complaining about something mundane. Don't teach anything this day.

These are just a few I could think of. Good luck anon!
>>
>>8234050
>what kind of behaviour should I have?

Don't be an asshole. Be tough, but fair. Whole point of university should be about learning. Ridiculing your students because they weren't born with PhDs does not help your students nor does it help the world.
>>
>>8234073
>Find the smartest person in the class and think up ways of making them look dumb.
This won't work since i am always the smartest person in the class.
>>
>>8234050
>>8234073

Enjoy getting fired, anon.
>>
>>8234073
Oh....academia
>>
>>8234076
Honestly, nowadays people can learn anything in the internet, stackoverflow and sites like it are more helpful than a teacher can be, in my opinion. I wish there was a way of not having any hierarchy in class and that I was able to allow my students to pursue their original ideas in the scope of the subject. I would be just a sort of guide to their path of knowledge.
>>
>>8234073
The funny thing is that I had a lot of teacher with similar behaviours in my graduation. Russian teachers who were unable to speak, a french teacher who didnt bath and smelled terrible none was able to get close to ask questions...
>>
>>8234096

Well of course people can learn anything on the internet. There's so much information about a field that it's overwhelming. The whole point of a professor is to guide that the student to the useful and relevant information. That's where OP comes in. Well, supposed to, anyway.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.