[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNF esa01llk Rest in peace,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Trivial.png (82KB, 576x781px) Image search: [Google]
Trivial.png
82KB, 576x781px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk

Rest in peace, hyperloop.

Other than discussing that video, I am interested in how this guy is a chemist but debunks a bunch of projects that are mostly engineering and physics.

Were we all tricked? Is chemistry actually the true science with the most useful knowledge?
>>
I hate that comic, he tries so hard to make the characters diverse, it's unrealistic
>>
>>8224590
>comic
>realism
>>
>>8224590
It is just a comic though. As long as all he is doing is using the paint fill tool with the color brown and not doing any kind of political pushing of diversity then it is fine.

Literally who cares.
>>
>>8224595
That's the thing, they are literally white people with brown skin

If you are going to make non-white people at least make them look like Indians or Blacks
>>
>>8224598
Honestly I do not even notice. The black guy in the comic looks like a black guy.

I am sure that there are different features between blacks and whites but honestly I am not a fucking biologists so I have no fucking idea. To me if it looks brown then it is black.

Don't tell me you have a PhD in evolutionary biology and are getting triggered.
>>
File: 0uyOA.jpg (92KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0uyOA.jpg
92KB, 600x1000px
>>8224609
>>
>>8224598
Yeah, because this comic's style is otherwise so detailed and realistic.
>>
>>8224613
Giving your POC characters white features is racist. Period.
>>
And like always /sci/ ignores the woman. Stay classy /sci/entists
>>
>>8224633
Please take your identity politics and shove them up your ass.
>>
>>8224615
??????????????
are dot eyes and line eyebrows white features?
fuck off
>>
>>8224651
That big ass nose is a white feature
>>
I like how people in this thread started off with pseudo science and ended up with politics.
>>
>>8224654
>>(((white)))
>>
>>8224662
The first post was already ""politics"" (if you call that politics)
>>
>>8224654
>>8224615

your SJW bullshit really has no place here
>>
>>8224671
>muh SJW bogeeyman
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8224590
it's true!
>philosopher
>woman
>>
>>8224676
>Giving your POC characters white features is racist. Period.
>>
>>8224680
Yes, and? It's a well known form of racism.

Marvel used to do it, and had to invest a lot of money to fix it.
>>
>>8224685
fuck off. why the fuck are you on 4chan today? don't come here. my point stands: your SJW bullshit really has no place here
>>
File: 1469263586002.jpg (218KB, 599x921px) Image search: [Google]
1469263586002.jpg
218KB, 599x921px
>>8224671
>>
>>8224690
so is marvel for or against SJWs?
is depicting them as the crazy maniacs they are good or bad for them?
>>
File: the central science.jpg (9KB, 246x320px) Image search: [Google]
the central science.jpg
9KB, 246x320px
>>8224584
>Is chemistry actually the true science with the most useful knowledge?
It's the central science.
>pic related, it's the Central Science
>>
>>8224695
They are for SJWs.

Google this topic and you will find a couple of comics that pander specifically to SJWs. You will also find how the sales for those comics are really low because Marvel picked the wrong side in the current political war.
>>
>>8224584
>Hey guys, here's a link to a 30-minute youtube video by a random nobody who has an opinion and is soliciting funds, with no summary of his argument or other substantive commentary.
Oh my god, stop posting spam threads like this. Is that you, Thunderf00t? Are you a shill? Or are you just someone who is naturally garbage?

The video's garbage, by the way. There are detailed engineering analyses available publicly, but he's not looking at those. He's just doing napkin math, waving his hands, and trying to impress laymen.
>>
>>8224721
>by a random nobody

topkek he has >1000 backers and earns 3k per video.

By the way, he is looking at the paper published about the hyperloop and he is pretty much debunking every point they make about safety.

You are just retarded.
>>
>>8224689
wtf is a SJW??
>>
>>8224724
>he has >1000 backers and earns 3k per video.
>over a thousand randoms give him a few bucks each time he bloviates!
Yeah, that's still a random nobody, and it's a random nobody with a commercial interest, which makes this thread look like it's spam.
>>
>>8224734
A shitty pol meme used by bootlickers
>>
>>8224734
Dumb white people who hate themselves so much they have to bend over for other cultures.
>>
>>8224734
White genocide squad calling themselves "justice" warriors. They range from the butthurt feminist to ISIS sympathizers, BLM shooter supporters to self-hating males. Basically the modern cancer of society today.
>>
>>8224598
>>8224612
The black guy may be a very dark indian, and he looks a bit indian.
>>
>>8224755
But that doesn't really say anything. In the last million or so years since Jesus colonized America whites have bred with indians so much that indians are pretty much now brown whites.
>>
File: thunderf00t garbage hyperloop.png (59KB, 827x402px) Image search: [Google]
thunderf00t garbage hyperloop.png
59KB, 827x402px
Here's a screenshot from the video, as an example of what sloppy garbage you'll be subjecting yourself if you spend half an hour of your life on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force#Human_tolerance
>Early experiments showed that untrained humans were able to tolerate a range of accelerations depending on the time of exposure. This ranged from as much as 20 g for less than 10 seconds, to 10 g for 1 minute, and 6 g for 10 minutes for both eyeballs in and out.
>The tests were determined to not cause long or short term harm

On one of his key arguing points, he can't even be bothered to look on wikipedia.
>>
>>8224590
The mathematician is white and the physicist looks Indian so that's pretty realistic.
>>
>>8224831
Indians are the greatest mathematicians
>>
>>8224816
How convenient to cut the quote right there. Allow me to do you a favor and continue it:

>The tests were determined to not cause long or short term harm although tolerance was quite subjective, with only the most motivated non-pilots capable of completing tests.

Now you have to remember that this shit is commercial use.

Also, that paragraph is talking about people undergoing different accelerations for a certain time, not about reaching a certain speed and then stopping the vehicle forcefully. There are parallels between these two experiments but they are not the same.

Also, that was only a corollary to his main paper. His main points are about how any little mistake will lead to inevitable death for every passenger.

With his most strongest point being about if only one of the carriers in the hyperloop fucks up and opens a hole then the air coming inside at the speed of sound will catch up with every other carrier in the hyperloop, killing not only the people in the carrier that originally misfunctioned but everyone else in every other carrier.
>>
>>8224851
He should have made his strongest point first and make the video 3 minutes long
>>
>>8224858
Well, just saying that is pretty much meaningless before he works through why these mistakes could even happen.

If you cannot prove something will happen then it is meaningless to list the consecuences of this something happening. He knows this too. If the hyperloop was perfectly safe then he would have not made the video.
>>
>>8224870
Nothing is perfectly safe
>>
>>8224915
Yeah but he proves that the hyperloop is ridiculously dangerous.

He words it this way:

>It brings all the dangers of space travel to daily travel on earth.
>>
I have to imagine that building a long elevated tube ain't gonna be cheap
But maybe I'm wrong and construction methods can be improved/made cheaper?
>>
>>8224851
>How convenient to cut the quote right there. Allow me to do you a favor and continue it:
>>The tests were determined to not cause long or short term harm although tolerance was quite subjective, with only the most motivated non-pilots capable of completing tests.
That doesn't change the point made at all. This was testing for what accelerations people could withstand *while continuing to perform tasks*.

Hard braking at 10g for 30 seconds is not physically harmful to a healthy person, let alone "probably fatal".

>his most strongest point being about if only one of the carriers in the hyperloop fucks up and opens a hole then the air coming inside at the speed of sound will catch up with every other carrier in the hyperloop, killing not only the people in the carrier that originally misfunctioned but everyone else in every other carrier.
But that's wrong and stupid. Emergency braking is achievable. Letting air in is easy. Small leaks are assumed to exist, there will be lots of vacuum pumps along the length of the thing, with emergency air intake valves.

The cars are travelling at nearly the speed of sound to begin with, and they're spaced more than one minute apart. The air from a break behind a car generally won't catch it. The air from a break in front of a car at a distance of the preceding car will find a stationary car in a rapidly-repressurizing pipe.

In any case, it's still just air hitting the front of highly aerodynamic vehicle at something similar to the cruising speed of an airliner. It's coming from one of two known directions. You can design it to survive that.

Thunderf00t is popular because he made himself look clever by picking on easy targets like the solar roadways indiegogo campaign and tumblr feminists. Now he's acting like he can "debunk" an idea that very good engineers have been working on and believe will work as if it's the same sort of idiocy, and he's revealing his own stupidity and the stupidity of his supporters.
>>
What about the problem of waste heat?
Would the capsule heat up to a critical level if there is no convecting air to cool it while it's travelling?
>>
>>8225459

>Thunderf00t is popular because he made himself look clever by picking on easy targets like creationists

ftfy

utubers going after anything higher than the lowest hanging fruit is utterly absurd
>>
>>8224584
Chemistry is literally how matter works so of course anon.
>>
Re watch the video, if you look his annotations say that the G forces are actually TEN TIMES HIGHER in his video than what they would be in real life. so for 10 seconds, you would be subjected to only 3g's.

SO basically his g-force argument if bullshit.
>>
yes, and hopefully you don't actually enjoy "smbc" you filthy pleb
>>
>>8224833
but they are incapable of sharing their knowledge to anyone but indians
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.