[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't science invented a pill that will knock you out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1469323939001.jpg (27KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469323939001.jpg
27KB, 704x480px
Why hasn't science invented a pill that will knock you out instantly for 8 hours even if you just smoked crack and drank a red bull?
>>
>>8224193
Take two cyanides and call me if you wake up.
>>
>>8224193
If you are 'naive' (have no tolerance) wrt some antispychotics, they will knock you out.
Geodon, thorazine, that kind of thing.

I'd bet that some of the drugs used to put people under for surgery - Brevital - would work, and fast at a proper dose.
>>
>>8224204
Can confirm.
I have to cut my pills in half after a long absense, and they still take me out for most pf the next day
>>
>>8224193
Why hasn't basic education prevented people from constantly personifying science?
>>
>>8224193
Something that would knock you out for so long would also have a terrible afterglow. I've took way too many propiomazin and some alcohol once or twice and it left me incredibly sluggish for a whole day all the while it didn't even put me to sleep until I chose to.

Anyway, there's stuff like imovane, which makes you start sleeping but doesn't keep you sleeping unless you need to. If you don't need to sleep, you don't need to take the pill that knocks you out 8 hours. If you need to sleep, you will sleep for 8 hours after you've taken an imovane.
>>
>>8224220
Give it a few generations m8
>>
>>8224193

I got really stressed once and down 28 mg of etizolam, and was out for 16 hours with absolutely no recollection of the previous day. Was fucked up for a good 48 hours afterwards as well.

Anyway, I mean, if you take enough benzos you'll be down for the night.
>>
>>8224193
Morphine
>>
>>8224820
Won't actually knock you out, and doesn't last 8 hours.
>>
>>8224899
high doses will knock you out and it depends on the dosage.

t. ex morphine addict.
>>
>>8224902
Making you nod hard isn't the same as knocking you out for 8 hours
t. current morphine addict ;-)
>>
>>8224906
low dosage of morphine will get you tipsy, high doses keep you sedated enough for surgery.

t. eternal morphine addict and PhD in plastic surgery & dentistry ;)))
>>
>>8224193
Take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/.
>>
Its called Xanax faggot
>>
>>8224912
>>8224912
But sedated enough for surgery is not the same as sleeping for 8 hours.
>>
>>8227523
This. High dose of Xanax.
>>
What, you mean anesthesia?

That already exists, just not in pill form. It's very finicky and dangerous, so I doubt we'll ever see a consumer version.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.