[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the "cell membrane" a meme? Never seen any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 220x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 220x280px
Is the "cell membrane" a meme? Never seen any good evidence that it exists.
>>
>>8222682
>cell meme
>not a meme
you're a meme
>>
>>8222682
>Look at cell under a microscope
>There's an obvious line separating the inside of the cell from its environment
>this is probably the cell membrane

There's your evidence.
>>
>>/x/
>>
>>8222689
>There's an obvious line separating the inside of the cell from its environment
That would be true if cells were existing in 2D world. In 3D you should not see the insides of a cell since a membrane would be (somewhat) spherical around.
>>
>>8222682
are intelligent questions on /sci/ a meme?
I've never seen one
>>
>>8222954
you're a retard

cells are translucent and their membranes are less translucent, which allows you to see the membrane clearly at the edge of a cell
>>
>>8222682
Are you saying like cells - just pull themselves together trough some other thing like energy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvOz4V699gk

This looks quite like some membrane in action.
>>
>>8222979
He's a proponent of a fringe hypothesis that water can be structured to form a membrane. Of course, this hypothesis ignores the vast majority of spectroscopic, optical, and genetic evidence which directly leads to a lipid membrane.
>>
>>8223029
>which directly leads to a lipid membrane

Prove it.
>>
>>8223066
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_bilayer_characterization
>>
If you're enrolled in uni you should have access to academic search engines and be able to find some papers on the subject. At this point the cell membrane is very well characterized. Here's a review article that goes over the constituents of the membrane.

Also remember that many things done to cells to study them are based on the fact that they have a cell membrane mainly composed of a lipid bilayer. There has been no evidence to overturn that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4724478

Go to the full text link
>>
>>8223029
Damn man /sci/ is crazy as a guy with knowledge of biology from high school and books - but with a continued interest, it's hard for me to filter out pseudoscience retards on internet... tell me where should I read more accurate biology online? I don't want a degree ( maybe ) - who knows if the science is interesting I might go with it, still trying to decide.
>>
>ling-anon is back
hell yeah
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.