[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck bros I'm studying biology, and there's so much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 32652949.png (343KB, 495x428px) Image search: [Google]
32652949.png
343KB, 495x428px
Fuck bros

I'm studying biology, and there's so much fucking shit I have to memorize and learn......Fuck.

I honestly have a lot more respect for Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Ben Carson now.

I'm thinking about them as I'm struggling through some of this shit - how they had to get good grades to in this field is crazy as fuck. A lot of you guys don't know how smart they really are, for real
>>
>>8221564
>I have too many stamps to collect
>how can people collect so many? they're so smart

>biologists
>>
but will they take the bait?
>>
File: 38651193.jpg (193KB, 970x1454px) Image search: [Google]
38651193.jpg
193KB, 970x1454px
>>8221577
Enjoy staring at a computer screen and kissing your bosses' ass while I'm saving lives kiddo
>>
https://youtu.be/5l4OEJ38aLY
>>
if you're at the point where memorization is your biggest problem with bio, you are probably not far into anything
>>
>>8221564
are there no concepts to learn and memorise in chemistry? physics? mathematics?
>>
>>8221564
You're probably being a dork and compartmentalizing.
Stop being a dork and compartmentalizing.
>>
>>8221585
Biologists saving lives.
Lol
>>
>>8221564
I want /pol/ to leave
>>
Best of luck with studying, mate.

What do you need to memorize, perhaps figuring out what actually is required to memorize and what ways you could go around that?

Problem solving, I'm certain you like that.
>>
>>8221815
mathematics is intuitive
you don't even have to memorize anything beyond addition, everything else just follows from that, unless you're studying one of the various meme calculus subjects
>>
>>8222947
Undergrad detected.
>>
>>8222953
brainlet that hasn't ascended Meru detected
>>
>>8221821
But biology is not an unified science - it's just a bunch of observations and you need a particular trip to stay into them.
>>
hello
>>
>>8222947
This is bullshit.

First, calculus is the class with the least definition and theorems. In Calc I we were told maybe like 10 definitions and 10 theorems.

In Set Theory... holy fucking fuck. we had at least 50 definitions and 50 theorems. There was a lot you needed to memorize.

That said, the difference is that in math you have to memorize the one line definitions which is not a hassle and in tests you can handle applied problems by just having an intuitive idea of what a family of sets is, for example, but if you are asked to prove a theorem about rings and you do not know the rigorous definition of a ring then you are fucked because you cannot possibly know what things you have to prove about rings if you do not know what are the exact characteristics of a ring.

You are bullshitting. Math has memorization but it is honestly a really small part and you can usually get away with reviewing definitions just before tests come so that they are fresh in your mind for the test.
>>
>>8223116
Physics is just a bunch of observations too. Chemistry even more.
>>
>>8221577
Stamp collection is important. It's pure science and don't have the trappings of theory that attracts philosophy retards.
>>8221815
There are concepts but people think everything has been solved by the theory of evolution, the concept of reproduction. Problem is that nobody bothered to find a set of concepts that explains behavior and activity. Like sensory organs. There need to be a generalized theory of sensory organs.
>>8223116
Biology needs to be unified. Evolution quite frankly is not enough. But there are too many fucking observations to connect. In physics the swinging of a pendulum, the movement of stars, the tides, can be unified by the concept of gravity and Newtonian mechanics. We need to find something that unified all living organisms behavior and activity. Which means you have to connect sexual reproduction, viruses, the immune system, cancer cells, and also human beings (since we are biological) including human use of language, arts, mathematics, and so on. This complete theory is, in my opinion, much more important than the wankery that is string theory.
>>
>>8224205
Don't exclude the possibility that in biology the formations suddenly respect a different set of laws - but the matter which makes the constituents is still chained to the laws of physics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.