[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know something While visiting the Hospital with relatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: gallery202_134260Texas02.jpg (64KB, 490x327px) Image search: [Google]
gallery202_134260Texas02.jpg
64KB, 490x327px
You know something
While visiting the Hospital with relatives I realized modern medicine has really fucked over our species. People with shit genes are allowed to live and pass on their shitty genes, creating inferior people when in a more natural setting, would have long died out and only the strongest, healthiest people would be left to procreate. All these cancers and diseases that don't exist in other animals, only happen to humans because we have allowed it to. And most people don't even choose the healthiest partner when it comes to breeding, they are too stupid to even do that. An ugly person will settle for anyone that makes them feel needed, and stupid people statistically have more children than smarter people. We honestly need another huge natural disaster to just cleanse society from all these genetically inferior people.
>>
>>821780
>Implying you have superior genes
The only place that has real "MUH SUPERIOR" genes is this one town in Italy, where they are immune to heart attacks and strokes as their bodies produce copious amounts of good cholesterol.

>In other words, they can go to 5 guys everyday and not get a heart attack.
>>
>>8217808
>genetically inferior people
There is no such thing. There is only fitness, and it is measured by relative contribution to the gene pool. Besides, social Darwinism doesn't make any sense, and that'd be obvious if you knew anything about evolution. I bet you are one of those people who think that 'natural selection doesn't happen anymore' because of modern medicine, instead of realizing that selection pressures simply change and the process is still very much in effect.

To sum up: you're a faggot.
>>
>>8217849
>natural selection doesn't happen
It doesn't and you know it. Once we left the wilderness and began developing civilization natural selection no longer applied to our species. The only thing left to keep us in check is maybe some huge uncurable disease or unforseen natural disaster.
>>
>>8217849
thank you for this post anon
>>
>>8217853
Thank you for proving my point, you fucking moron.
>>
>>8217853
>natural selection doesn't happen and you know it
Then why can't neckbeards like you get laid?
>>
>>8217808
>stupid people statistically have more children
by the sound of your post it seems like you must have quite a few children then
>>
>>8217808
wah modern medicine is bad wah stupid people shouldn't have kids wahhh

there are problems with modern medicine and all you spout is this pseudoscientific garbage. like I said, modern medicine has problems, and you listed none of them.
>>
>>8217863
> my biggest achievement in life is getting laid
>>
>>8217897
Since you don't seem to understand what natural selection is I shouldn't have expected you to get the joke, but it's still disappointing.
>>
>>8217896

In my country they try test stupid people by giving them a doll which will emulate a baby (it will cry and need to change diaper and needs to get fed) then they see if they pass the test or not.
This is how they try to show the retards that they aren't capable of raising a child and it works.
>>
>>8217897
Spreading genes is all what matters from the evolutionary standpoint.
>>
>>8217808

You do realise the vast majority of people in hospital are old people dealing with old people problems right?
>>
>>8217808
This is what Hitler died trying to create.
Not too sure if this can be held as either a compliment or an insult, pick your poison.

Technically though I have inferior genes, as my appendix ruptured at the age of fourteen. If I were born any more than ten years before I was, I would be dead. However, that was not genetic. I was poisoned at a restaurant (someone didn't like me).
>>
Dysgenics is a real thing
It's been promoted hard by leftists, and their agenda is to create a brown slave race to rule over
>>
>>8218392
>>8218397
this board is literally retarded
>>
>>8217808
if you believe modern medicine has fucked over our species then I suggest never going to a hospital or using health care ever.
>>
>>8218269
Okay...? So? You didn't discredit anything I said.
>>
Modern medicine is the reason why you're breathing and sperging bullshit on a Congolese sugar daddy forum.
>>
I agree with some of your points OP but it's a sticky situation with no clear solutions, it's almost like we're already too far gone it seems. We've been letting the weak survive for thousands of years, and "most fit" for the environment is constantly changing, especially as we continue to change our environment.

>People with shit genes are allowed to live and pass on their shitty genes
What alternative would you suggest? bonus points if it wasn't tried/suggested by Nazis.

>All these cancers and diseases that don't exist in other animals
Animals do in face get diseases that we don't get.

>most people don't even choose the healthiest partner when it comes to breeding
That's because we prefer things like personal happiness and compatibility in choosing mates. Do you think we as a species should go away from that and be assigned mates? What would you prefer?

>We honestly need another huge natural disaster to just cleanse society from all these genetically inferior people.
A natural disaster will kill anyone indiscriminately, who's to say it won't only kill the smart/most fit people?
>>
The solution is to get rid of welfare.
>>
>visit hospital with relatives
>fuck look at all these sick people
>kill them all
>my relative is in the hospital but were superior gene masterrace

STRONG projection OP
>>
>>8218375
Yes that is what's crushing the health care system today since a big war took out all the fine young fit males leaving an enormous vacuum for the unfit to breed like rabbits. I have no vested interest myself, no kids, end of genetic line. Not going to claim to be genetic master race by any stretch but unlike most, enjoy life, it's short. As defective as the system is, it usually comes through for most to at least prolong life, but in some cases this is questionable and raises quality of quantity issue.
>>
>>8218269
>put up with all the shit of a real baby
>no mommy hormones to change your brain to take care of it
>no tiny fingers wrapping around your finger
>no emotional buy-in to the enormous responsibility for a tiny life
>no response to your face or voice
>the baby's not real
>the baby's actually designed to exaggerate the pains of infant care while providing none of the joys
>act like throwing the stupid toy out the window and slapping the idiot who tried to tell you you should take care of it like a real baby isn't the only reasonable response
>>
>>8217808
> without modern medicine
Live to 38
> with modern medicine
Live to 83

Go live in a cave, retard
>>
>>8217849
>>genetically inferior people
>There is no such thing. There is only fitness, and it is measured by relative contribution to the gene pool.
Oh god, this stupid scientism garbage. "Humans aren't any better than anus worms because the worms also successfully reproduce."

Science does not give us values. It does not take our values away. It just gives use more information to inform our judgements.

Science can't tell us what is inferior. It can tell us when what we judge to be an inferiority is genetic.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, science-hippie.
>>
>>8219179
> assigning value to different humans
> can't define value universally
> this makes good policy making
Philosophy is just as bad
>>
>>8219178
That's not how increases of life-expectancy works. Modern medicine hasn't raised the maximum ages people survive to, it has mostly reduced early deaths, especially child mortality.

So it's not:
>Live to 38
>Live to 83
it's:
>everybody has four kids and two die, but the strong ones live healthy, joyous lives
>everybody has two kids, in the first generation one is sickly, one is strong, by the tenth generation, nearly everyone is sickly, treatment-dependent, and unhappy
>>
>>8217808

>All these cancers and diseases that don't exist in other animals

You could at least do some research before shitposting you know?

Anyway, medicine doesn't stop evolution, it just changes the direction it's heading to.
>>
>>8219186
"Philosophy", the academic field, IS just as bad as scientism. In fact, it's a close relation.

It's also not where people's values normally come from.

If you really thought it was a one-or-the-other choice, there's probably no hope for you.
>>
>>8219199

Define "scientism" for me, I'm curious.
>>
>>8219206
First we must ask, "What makes a suitable definition?"
>>
>>8219206
This works for me: "Scientism is a belief in the universal applicability of the scientific method and approach"

For instance: Moral issue? Science has the answer! Value judgement? If you can't derive it from science, it's invalid! Complex policy issue? The opinion of professional scientists, no matter how preliminary their findings, immature their field, or dubious their claim to objectivity, should trump all other thought and judgement.

Scientism throws science's fundamental principle of intellectual humility out the window, using the demonstrably reliable measurements and predictions of certain sciences, in certain narrow circumstances, as a rhetorical truncheon to beat people into unquestioning submission to any and all ideas labelled as "scientific" by the True Annointed Scientists.
>>
>>8219219

Maybe because "Value" is an absoulutely subjective term in this context?
>>
File: Don_DeLillo_654125a.jpg (1MB, 1500x962px) Image search: [Google]
Don_DeLillo_654125a.jpg
1MB, 1500x962px
>>8219230
>>
>>8219230
So, do you want a lollipop for that observation, or what?

Yes, judged value is subjective. Color is also subjective. Spectrum measurements are objective. Color's subjective. You can see the same light as different colors depending on what other colors are next to it. That doesn't mean you're not seeing that color, or that other people won't also reliably see that same color.

A lot of good science is done with subjective observations. In fact, it's just about impossible to get objective data without making a lot of subjective evaluations along the way. Whether the needle is on one side of the line or the other is an objective fact, but what part of the markings on the dial is the line is a subjective judgement. "Subjective" doesn't mean "unscientific".

What's more, "unscientific" doesn't mean "meaningless" or "worthless". You'd be dead at a very early age if you refused to trust in or rely on anything other than science to guide you in life. Science is like the scalpel and the needle and the tweezers of the surgeon, but not the hand, or the breakfast that fuels the muscles that move it, or the decision not to drink whiskey before the operation, or the earnest wish to heal the patient. It's just a set of excellent tools, indispensible for some jobs, useless for others, not the sole and sufficient means to all ends.
>>
>>8217808
It's called dysgenics, it is not a new or unique observation.
>>
lol, if your mom were suffering from cancer or any horrible decease you will be crying for those medical advances, even if she had "shitty genes". Faggot.
>>
* disease
Typo
>>
>>8219282
What if you could cure any one person's disease or injury, or extend their lifespan by a decade, but only by advancing the age of the sun by one day?

Wouldn't that be wonderful for you, and for that person? How could you not?

But what if that option were available to everyone? The sun's only got about 5 billion years before it becomes a red giant, then only another billion before it changes again and starts to blow itself apart into a nebula with a white dwarf at its core, and the Earth would likely become uninhabitable long before the red giant stage. Some estimate 500 million years before the Earth is unlivable.

Billions of people making billions of health-wishes will add up quickly in a few generations.

This is the character of the devil's bargain modern medicine puts before us: save the innocent child, save the unfortunate fool, how could you not? Let the next generation worry about what will happen in their time. Turn your back as the eternity of our future collapses to an eyeblink, turn and hug your precious loved one who is alive today.

Save the noise, all the precious noise, to feed back into the noisy signal rebooster. Defy the filter. Break it. Deny its value.
>>
>>8219252

>That doesn't mean you're not seeing that color, or that other people won't also reliably see that same color.

Demostrably false.
>>
>>8219422
> Different interpretations and labelings means different wavelengths
lmao retard
>>
>>8219179
>Science does not give us values.
That was exactly the point I made. Any judgement about inferiority or superiority of genes is a subjective judgement that has no empirical basis. Of course, with the notable exception that OP is indeed not any better than an anus worm.
>>
>>8217808
>>8218556
Yes, OP, please never use healthcare again, thank you.
>>
>>8217808
>i visited the hospital and now due to some tenuous anecdotal experience I am an expert on natural selection.
This is why eugenics wouldnt work.
>>
>>8217815
That's a result of generations and generations of a Mediterranean diet.
>>
>>8219543
>Any judgement about inferiority or superiority of genes is a subjective judgement that has no empirical basis.
>no empirical basis
You throw these words as talismans, with no apparent grasp of their actual meanings.

You can see, empirically, that a gene causes profound mental retardation, a need for heroic medical care to sustain life into the early twenties, and death before the age of 30 in any case. You apply your values to judge that this is an inferior, undesirable gene.

The value judgement has an empirical basis (empirical data influences the conclusion), it's just not a purely empirical finding.

Let's go back here to your original idiocy:
>>8217849
>>genetically inferior people
>There is no such thing. There is only fitness, and it is measured by relative contribution to the gene pool.

You're not saying, "Your value judgements are not factual findings of science.", which would be perfectly correct, though completely unnecessary. You're saying, "Your value judgements are invalid because they're not factual findings of science." Then you start trying to imply that other value judgements would be more scientifically valid.

You're just trying to adorn your own arbitrary stupid opinions with the authoritative aura of science.
>>
>>8217808
You can thank America for this.
the Nazis, for all the flack they get, were arguably the first nation to base itself around scientific study of populations rather than christian morality, and eliminate said undesirables from the population.
>>
>>8217808
boy have i got the board for you
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8219979
>You throw these words as talismans, with no apparent grasp of their actual meanings.
I throw these words around precisely because I know what they mean.

>The value judgement has an empirical basis (empirical data influences the conclusion), it's just not a purely empirical finding.
Using this reasoning, pretty much anything that comes out of anyone's mouth has an empirical basis and therefore the phrase would be meaningless. 'Forming the basis' and 'involving' are to different concepts that you seem to have implicitly conflated. What matters is that empiricism has nothing to do with the ultimate conclusion, and by 'nothing to do' I mean that the judgement of value is orthogonal to any empirical aspect of the argument as a whole. This should have been stating the obvious, but apparently in your thick mind it isn't.

>"Your value judgements are invalid because they're not factual findings of science."
Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I was attacking OP for using evolution to form the basis of a value judgement. 'These people would have been unfit in the evolutionary sense if not for modern medicine, i.e. they are inferior.' That is faulty reasoning because fitness in and of itself says nothing about inferiority or superiority, as we've already established.
>>
>>8220067
>Any judgement about inferiority or superiority of genes is a subjective judgement that has no empirical basis.
>I was attacking OP for using evolution to form the basis of a value judgement.
There's no consistency in your arguments. In a discussion with you, words might as well have no meaning at all. It's all just "quack quack quack", like a duck.
>>
i couldnt even waste my time to read how fucking stupid this thread is
sometimes, genetical inferiority can make the species more fit for survival
To quote Darwin, A.K.A God.
To survive, you dont need to be smart or strong. You need to be adaptable.
>>
>>8220138
There's nothing contradictory about the sentences you quoted. Do I have to spell it out for you?
>>
>>8220138
Surrender accepted.
>>
Everyone in this thread is a Platonic fool.

There is no "reason" behind "fittest"

You are thinking in metaphysical terms of laws of nature that "make" something magically happen, instead of the rhetoric of logos making an abstract narrative object that enables you to convince yourself you have told a consistent story.
Here is a paradigm shift for all you delusional Magical Thinkers:

The evolution of the states of an object is not a "ladder" that is climbed, but a "sieve" that allows passage.
Fittest simply means the sieve allowed the object to continue, or it didn't.

Under this model, those who are here are here because they are here.

If you want to put some other intent on your narrative - like some sick justification for euthinasia - then you don't have to bring up "fittest"

You can tell your story of hate just by saying, "I hate people and want to kill them. Do you hate people too?"

"Fittest" just means "they are here because they are here." It doesn't imply a reason for them being here other than they are here.

There is no reason to bring inconsistent thinking into the mix. If you want to kill people, the rest of us will make up a story about why you did it after the cops kill you.
>>
>>8217808
>t.enlighted 16 year old atheist
>>
>>8220588
Did you read the thread at all?

What you bring to this discussion isn't as special, or 'paradigm shifting' as you think it is. You're stating what is obvious in a way that is paradoxically both over complicated and simplified. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just take issue with your pompous way of presenting your argument, and what makes it worse is the fact that your argument is superfluous given some of the earlier posts in this thread.
>>
>>8217808
Do you think diseases only attack stupid people? Because they don't.
>>
>>8217808
Welfare is fucking over the species even more, anon. I'm all for modern medicine, but please fucking end welfare and foodstamps for able bodied "persons" that are unwilling to work and utterly incapable to raise civilized children.
>>
>>8217808

Humans evolve socially and culturally as well as genetically. The skills one can pass through language nowadays are arguably just as influential as genetic traits when it comes to an individual human's survival in the modern age. Our collective boner for higher education is proof of this.

Transmission of ideas is now hugely important for humans, which is something even those with "inferior" genetics can contribute to, since the two concepts arent necessarily intertwined.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.