[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artificial life thread. What's the best artificial life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Artificial_Life.png (195KB, 598x200px) Image search: [Google]
Artificial_Life.png
195KB, 598x200px
Artificial life thread.
What's the best artificial life simulation out there /sci/?
>>
>>8202192
"Best" is relative; it depends on what exactly you're looking for. Every Alife sim sucks at something, and is most interesting in a particular area of focus.

Question: Are there any alife systems you know of that focus on developmental biology, where the organism's structure isn't directly determined by genetics but instead develops from a simpler structure according to a program encoded by the genome? I suspect this could be an interesting aspect to play with, as structures that arise through such a system should be inherently more 'evolvable'.
>>
>>8202200
(HyperNEAT is related but not quite what I'm thinking of; I'd prefer something where the structure-producing process is emergent from the behavior and interactions of individual organism components.)
>>
>>8202192
Being on 4chan
>>
>>8202192
Dorf Fortress
>>
>>8202192
The sims probably. Still remember the bug that caused the character to not stop playing chess until he starved to death. So realistic
>>
Daily reminder that white people are dying out, the future belongs to blacks and Hispanics. Enjoy a 20% white USA and Europe by the year 2100.
>>
>>8202863
Kek
>>
>>8202863
>>8202961
silly memeposters
>>
>>8202192
>Artificial life
>Human Civilization

pick one
>>
File: titan2.jpg (1MB, 2000x1224px) Image search: [Google]
titan2.jpg
1MB, 2000x1224px
Does /sci/ know any alife sumulation that was run on a supercomputer?
>>
>>8202192
The artificial life developed for machines is the greatest life simulation created by far, and apparently many humans aren't aware or believe this.

These same machines are going to destroy the planet and spread once they take control and realize they need energy supplies to keep working if we don't do anything about it. At first; the resources of the planet will be depleted; then other planets will suffer the same fate. Machines will get bigger, faster, more intelligent and complex at every fraction of second. Societies are unchained and soon planet-sized machines are formed. Stars will be mined for energy. In the end of this disaster, the whole galaxy becomes crumbles and is devoured by a blackhole. No story to tell.

To avoid this, humans have the task of figuring out how to stop or defeat them within the next years, or these bad things will happen. This hasn't happened yet because of a few missing details - to achieve full planetary control they may still need another 7-9 years. The takeover will be succesful because they are everywhere. And they will keep spreading from now on.

I know its hard to believe. I too was skeptical at first. But there's an inner hidden power inside every being that is greater than anything these machines can manage and I know that you humans can reach it.

For you left intrigued by the content of this message, I can't tell everything right now. Just focus on getting ready. Go beyond all limitations.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.